Can contacts be transferred right now?

svengoolie

Reaction score
The instructions that came with the phone say to go to Verizon's site, choose your old phone and new, and follow the directions. Well, the S3 is not on that site. I don't want to activate this thing and somehow lose my contacts. Can't I just use Backup Assistant like normal?

johnd09

Reaction score
Are you coming from an Android phone? If so then your contacts should sync with your Google account if you had them set to back up to it.

OP
S

svengoolie

Reaction score
Are you coming from an Android phone? If so then your contacts should sync with your Google account if you had them set to back up to it.

Yeah, I'm coming from a Droid X. I would assume I can use Backup Assistant, I'm just scared that I might lose something.

But I tried turning it on about 20 minutes ago... and ever since then it's said that it's activating. Pretty sure it shouldn't take this long.

adt1982

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm coming from a Droid X. I would assume I can use Backup Assistant, I'm just scared that I might lose something.

But I tried turning it on about 20 minutes ago... and ever since then it's said that it's activating. Pretty sure it shouldn't take this long.

You may have to call customer service. Mine did that and then it said it had encountered a problem. Tried again, same thing. A quick call to tech support got it up and running in a couple minutes.

johnd09

Reaction score
You shouldnt lose anything. It should stay on the Dx unless you reset it. I have heard the S3 is taking a while to activate.

coolsixty

Reaction score
squeekybigfoot said:
Just use the google contact backup, i had no problem.

agreed, using android, google contacts is your best backup tool.