can 550mhz keep up?

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
I was wondering how long or how capable the droid will be in the near future.

With all these 1 ghz phones coming out will the droid still be able to keep up with half the power?

I am asking this because I really like my droid (I actually have a milestone) and I also want something that will provide the most up to date software.

How long do you think will the droid last before the apps start getting to complex for it to handle?

also a bit off topic when do you think motorola will launch there next flagship android phone?

I understand the droid is no slouch but the 1 ghz snapdragon devices look intimidating.

will there ever be a time when those devices can do stuff the droid can't?

Also I really like this forum and thanks to everyone here

Reaction score
The CPUs aren't the same architecture. 1Ghz snapdragon does not mean it's almost twice as fast as the droid's CPU at 550mhz. It's like saying a Corvette at 505 HP isn't as fast as a diesel bus that has 1000 HP. You would never make this assumption in real life because of the differences in HP, the same goes for CPUs. There are many variables involved, so don't take the numbers at face value, but rather benchmarks.

The snapdragon is faster, but the droid's cpu is plenty capable now and in the future.

OP
RacecarBMW

RacecarBMW

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

also will all the android apps run the same on all devices or will more capable devices act different or have there own version of an app

Reaction score
Depends entirely on how the developer programmed it. For the most part, things won't run the exact same due to the differences in screen resolution, so I'm assuming a developer will make things device specific.