Camera Suddenly Not Working

cowgrrl

Reaction score
I've successfully been using my camera. Today, when I tried to take a picture, I get a black screen - as if it is not seeing anything. It allows me to take a picture, but it's black, too.

Any thoughts???

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open the app and tap the first white icon on the right. Scroll down and tap restore.

OP
C

cowgrrl

Reaction score
Looking at the app now... the right nav gives me "scenes" as the first white icon - I don't see anything to "restore."

OP
C

cowgrrl

Reaction score
Hope! Still not working.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bysk

Reaction score
Mine is doing something similar. When I try to load my camera I get a black screen flash, then it goes back to the home screen. Not cool.

teknotronik

Reaction score
Hey

I had the same issue tonight. I got my Droid X today as a replacement from the Droid. I powered off the phone and let it charge, came back and powered it on and all was working fine. I had the same issue.

sunsluv

Reaction score
I just started having the same problem with the camera. Black screen with camera and video. When I record with video, I only get audio. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

teknotronik

Reaction score
It fixed by me powering off the phone and allowing it to charge the whole way. I turned it back on several hours later and all was fine. Possibly due to low power? Not sure but its working now. Must be a software issue.

kookykim

Reaction score
Weird... I did have a problem with the camera, but my phone died and shut itself off last night, and after turning it back on again, it seems to be working like it should.