Camera sucks!

Nutopia

Reaction score
Well... the quality may be good, but it takes 4-5 seconds to snap a picture. That's hardly realistic. I tried using this camera at a party this weekend it was a real drag. Anyone else having this kind of problem. How long does it take for your phone to snap the photo after you press the button?

xxspark89xx

Reaction score
Well... the quality may be good, but it takes 4-5 seconds to snap a picture. That's hardly realistic. I tried using this camera at a party this weekend it was a real drag. Anyone else having this kind of problem. How long does it take for your phone to snap the photo after you press the button?

For me, with Flash set to AUTO, it does seem to take a second or two.

Setting Flash to ON made it quicker. Turning flash OFF when there was enough ambient light was almost instant.

I'm sure this can improve with a software update.

Stevelord

Reaction score
Its not 4-5 secs. Maybe 2-3. Yeah, would be nice if it was instant like iPhone...or phones from 8 years ago. Still faster and better quality than Blackberry though. ;)

AKD3270

Reaction score
Just switching from BB (Storm 2) to D3 - less than a week.

My D3 camera takes a full 7 seconds after pressing camera icon before it is ready to take a picture.

Shutter lag is annoying.

Sorry, but my BB was better than this in the speed area.

But the D3 pictures are much nicer - and that is what it is all about, after all.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use camera 360 and it is almost instant....focus...shoot...that's it

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Stevelord

Reaction score
My first camera phone from 6 years ago snapped instantly. Don't care if it was a lower quality pic. This is still crap IMO.

Try taking pics of children. A few seconds of stillness is not possible.

Reaction score
I've taken some real nice pics with this ya they are kinda blue but look good. Mine snaps fairly quick but works for me. My pics that I've taken at night with the flash has turned out way better then my droid x. Here's a pic that I've taken at night in my living room. No lights but with my tv on but still really dark

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

militant

Reaction score
It's a phone, not a camera. Try turning the flash on or off, and taking it off auto flash, seems to speed things up a bit. Sure it could snap photos faster, but they'd be blurry and unfocused, pick your poison.

Stevelord

Reaction score
Its a smartphone, not a phone.

And yet the iPhone, which everyone is quick to attack...can snap pics instantly with great quality.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Reaction score

And yet the iPhone, which everyone is quick to attack...can snap pics instantly with great quality.

very aggravated at the fact that a year and a half old iphone blows these new device cameras out of the water... one of the bigger fails of moto's handsets.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Great quality?? I don't agree with that... puttem side by side and you can see the iPhone photo a mile away

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I will have to agree yes it's a "phone" but my Droid 2 takes pics faster and the color reproduction is much more natural to me. It so slow that pics of my kids is virtually impossible yet this is not the case with my D2. The camera does seem like a step back, and that is disappointing seeing that I am sure the bionic (which I want) will have the same camera... I've never really considered going with another company long term but the the new moto phones don't really impress me and that's coming from somewhat of a moto fanboy...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Just remember that most of these thing can be fixed with an update. Its the cost of getting a new phone right when it comes out. The camera for me is way down on my list of things that's important to me when buying a phone. It has one and that's good enough. So how may will chang their mind if these issues get fixed. Will it go from a bad to good camera. Im sure those other phones had issues to at first.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

militant

Reaction score

Bottom line is there is something that you can nitpick on EVERY device. Whats important are what features are important to you and what YOUR specific needs are. I'm not a big spontaneous picture taker, and a 2-3 second delay doesn't really bother me much. Most digital camera's take a second or two from the button press, the only "instant" camera I've ever used that took anything near a respectable photo was the iPhone. I use my camera so little, it really doesn't matter to me, and when I do, it's usually planned, so a 2-3 second pause to focus and flash is not a big deal to me, so I'll take all the other pluses this phone has OVER the iPhone. Like I said, there will always be something to nit pick.