Froyo Camera on Droid 1

KidCuda

Reaction score
I did some searching and couldn't find anything, so:

Has anyone had any problems with the amount of time it takes to snap a picture in 2.2? For example, I would use auto-focus and it would take about 5 seconds to respond, and then when I press to take the picture, the screen will freeze for a few MORE seconds. It will then proceed to take a picture, meaning I'm waiting about 10 seconds (after starting the camera) to take one picture.

I've run the other froyo ROMs before the official 2.2 one and thought it may have just been a bug, but it showed up for me again.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I think the Froyo camera is better. From when I first run the app to first picture is about 3 seconds.

glenn

Reaction score
I think the Froyo camera is better. From when I first run the app to first picture is about 3 seconds.

I am very pleased with the camera updates in 2.2, particularly the low light option. IT WORKS NOW! The exposure setting is what fixed it.
And the on screen option buttons are a lot easier to use.

OP
KidCuda

KidCuda

Reaction score
Yeah, I it is snappier overall and I like the new layout, but I've run into a few moments where it takes even longer to normal to take a picture.

Eschy

Reaction score
its the phone not the software, it seems like they didnt spend much time on the camera function. The auto-focus just sucks and i think that is why takes so long to take pictures. Froyo helped a little IMO, doesnt bother me too much though. I dont take many pics

thomasomali

Reaction score
are you checking what mega pixle ur using, if its set to max which is five it take a couple seconds to proccess the picture but if its on a lower setting it doesnt take as long

brochaos

Reaction score
i've had some issues with froyo and the camera, and i've been able to confirm them on a friends phone as well. happens on sapphire, simply stunning, the frf84 leak, the frg01b leak, etc. basically, i take a picture, take note of how long it takes for the pic to go from the main screen to the little icon in the upper right, then press the top settings button, and try to scroll down in the settings. i can almost always get the camera to FC doing this. but the weird thing is, it comes and goes, can't always reproduce. but it always seems to pop up when i least need it to.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
i've had some issues with froyo and the camera, and i've been able to confirm them on a friends phone as well. happens on sapphire, simply stunning, the frf84 leak, the frg01b leak, etc. basically, i take a picture, take note of how long it takes for the pic to go from the main screen to the little icon in the upper right, then press the top settings button, and try to scroll down in the settings. i can almost always get the camera to FC doing this. but the weird thing is, it comes and goes, can't always reproduce. but it always seems to pop up when i least need it to.

I tried this about 10 times and no problems. Running stock 2.2.

OP
KidCuda

KidCuda

Reaction score

I tried this about 10 times and no problems. Running stock 2.2.

Basically after I hit the camera button to take a pic, it will freeze. I know it has not taken a pic after it freezes because after I move phone after a few seconds, I end up seeing a picture of my foot instead the tree ahead of me for instance.

So sometimes I'm stuck telling the subject of my picture to stand still for 20 seconds because my phone can't catch up normal use. But i guess I can use more patience. :)

glenn

Reaction score

I am very pleased with the camera updates in 2.2, particularly the low light option. IT WORKS NOW! The exposure setting is what fixed it.

I agree! The 2.2 update to the camera was a big surprise. The camera actually works now in low light situations.....not the best, but it works and it is after all a phone (not just any!) and not a camera.

Very pleased now. And oh yeah, in good lighting, the cam has always taken GREAT pics!

k9cachers

Reaction score

I agree! The 2.2 update to the camera was a big surprise. The camera actually works now in low light situations.....not the best, but it works and it is after all a phone (not just any!) and not a camera.

Very pleased now. And oh yeah, in good lighting, the cam has always taken GREAT pics!

Not sure I like the new camera settings - thought it was easier to access from menu. But- I'm trying to get used to it.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the settings like sunset, beach, night, etc? Have they removed them? Those were a great feature on this phone.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
My camera doesn't work now. I can take a picture but it is just a thin strip along the top that gets saved.

EDIT: Got it....had to drop kick it across the room. Phone must be Jonesin' for football as much as I am.

dylanthecat

Reaction score

Not sure I like the new camera settings - thought it was easier to access from menu. But- I'm trying to get used to it.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the settings like sunset, beach, night, etc? Have they removed them? Those were a great feature on this phone.

Hit the top most setting button, and then you can scroll down for all the settings. Pretty nice improvement if you ask me.

tiki

Reaction score
When holding the phone vertically, the picture looks correct, but sends horizontally to facebook and texts? Also, cannot delete the notification of facebook upload without turning phone off and back on? Thanks.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
When holding the phone vertically, the picture looks correct, but sends horizontally to facebook and texts? Also, cannot delete the notification of facebook upload without turning phone off and back on? Thanks.

The portrait issue with FB has always been that way. I thought they would have fixed that by now. I just tried it again and it still is wrong. Never noticed the notification not going away, but it appears you are correct about this. Mine is still there.

I learned back in November never to hold the phone in portrait mode for photo or video.