camera problems

angelacez

Reaction score
I took a picture this morning and now my camera turns blue when it is turned on. No thing shows up at all. Thanks.

GeoMotorizer

Reaction score
this is a motorola razr xt910
camera quality is not as i expected ! ... 8MP !!! :frown:
another problem is the flash !
for focusing it must flash once and while taking the shot it must flash twice
sometimes it flashes once while taking the shot !!! .... the shot looks dark !
even the flash is ON !!
and also sometimes the flash doesn't work even it is ON !

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is a motorola razr xt910
camera quality is not as i expected ! ... 8MP !!! :frown:
another problem is the flash !
for focusing it must flash once and while taking the shot it must flash twice
sometimes it flashes once while taking the shot !!! .... the shot looks dark !
even the flash is ON !!
and also sometimes the flash doesn't work even it is ON !

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunaly, Motorola has been known to not have the best camera, its software related most of the time, and 8MP is pretty standard on phones now a days, and only factors in that size of the picture, not the quality. I have a Motorola HD and I find if I turn the exposure up a little bit pictures turn out better.

You can also try third party apps such as Camera Zoom FX.

GeoMotorizer

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunaly, Motorola has been known to not have the best camera, its software related most of the time, and 8MP is pretty standard on phones now a days, and only factors in that size of the picture, not the quality. I have a Motorola HD and I find if I turn the exposure up a little bit pictures turn out better.

You can also try third party apps such as Camera Zoom FX.
thnX in advance
i exposured it up to 1 ... now it is better ... but flash problems is still :frown:

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thnX in advance
i exposured it up to 1 ... now it is better ... but flash problems is still :frown:

If the flash is in auto mode, it'll pick and choose when to use the flash or not, you can try turning the flash off or forcing it on if you think you will need to use it for sure.

GeoMotorizer

Reaction score
If the flash is in auto mode, it'll pick and choose when to use the flash or not, you can try turning the flash off or forcing it on if you think you will need to use it for sure.
not in AUTO mode
it is ON .... and it doesn't work !

GeoMotorizer

Reaction score
So even though the camera flash is set to ON, it still won't work? Did you buy the phone used or brand new from a store?
yes .... it is ON and still don't work !
not every time ... it works in focusing but not shooting ! ... or flashing once in shooting
it is brand new
my friend's razr faces the same problems and it is also brand new

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think it may be a problem with the camera software if two phones are having the same problem. I never experienced this with my Razr Maxx but I also never used the stock camera app.

Like macpro suggested, try another camera app. I use camera Zoom fx, camera ICS and HDR Camera (best for still and outdoor shots).

I actually took several still outdoor pics of a rainbow using the different camera apps. For that environment, HDR Camera took the best shots and Camera ICS were the second best, ZOOM FX a very close third...with the stock camera app taking the worst. You can test the same for indoor flash shots, comparing Camera ICS and ZOOM FX to see which work best...and to see if your flash will work as expected.

GeoMotorizer

Reaction score
I think it may be a problem with the camera software if two phones are having the same problem. I never experienced this with my Razr Maxx but I also never used the stock camera app.

Like macpro suggested, try another camera app. I use camera Zoom fx, camera ICS and HDR Camera (best for still and outdoor shots).

I actually took several still outdoor pics of a rainbow using the different camera apps. For that environment, HDR Camera took the best shots and Camera ICS were the second best, ZOOM FX a very close third...with the stock camera app taking the worst. You can test the same for indoor flash shots, comparing Camera ICS and ZOOM FX to see which work best...and to see if your flash will work as expected.

now i tried all of them
HDR camer is the best
zoom fx and camera ics and the stock one are all alike ..... the same flash problems
the flash is ON .... but somtimes i does'nt flash or flash once not twice and the photo is dark

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The HDR camera takes three successive shots of the same thing, each shot with different settings, then it combines the best of all three shots to create one pic. It is generally used to take scenery pics or still pics. It can be used for all pics but you want to make sure to go into settings then advanced preferences and select “save original frames." That way, it will save all three pics and you can pick the one that looks best. If you use HDR without that checked, it will only save the final combined pic, which will be blurry if there was any movement while the pics were taken.

GeoMotorizer

Reaction score
The HDR camera takes three successive shots of the same thing, each shot with different settings, then it combines the best of all three shots to create one pic. It is generally used to take scenery pics or still pics. It can be used for all pics but you want to make sure to go into settings then advanced preferences and select “save original frames." That way, it will save all three pics and you can pick the one that looks best. If you use HDR without that checked, it will only save the final combined pic, which will be blurry if there was any movement while the pics were taken.
ok ... that's awesome
but it's silly to shot 3 times to get what i need !
any other solution ?

GeoMotorizer

Reaction score
the same problem happened again while using HDR camera !
one of the three shots didn't flash and other flashed once and the other flashed twice !!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't have any other ideas except for experimenting with different camera apps. Actually now, after explaining the HDR process, I may actually do that myself from now on. It seems more likely to ensure a good pic out of four choices. I'll just have to adopt the practice of deleting the extra shots.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
GeoMotorizer said:
the same problem happened again while using HDR camera !
one of the three shots didn't flash and other flashed once and the other flashed twice !!!

That is because the app purposefully takes three pics with different exposure settings... hence one with no flash, one with one flash and one with two flashes.