camera lens question

segen77

Reaction score
I noticed when I run my finger over the lens there is a thin plastic cover. Is this supposed to be on here or am I supposed to take it off? I've tried to pick at it a bit, and it doesn't seem to want to come off, so I assume it's there to protect the lens. Any thoughts?

steeletown

Reaction score
That's should come off. You pictures will come out blurry with that on.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
Yeah. I would have thought so too. I've actually taken some pics and they have looked good. Didn't even notice the plastic until today, and I've had the phone for 4 days now. I guess I'll keep picking at it to see if I can get it off of there.

keekee66

Reaction score
That's wierd I notice that plastic too. Did u take yours off bc I'm afraid to not sure if I'll scratch the lens haha.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
yeah. i took it off. just put a piece of tape over it and it will peel right off.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Actually mine has the plastic over the lens but there is a small circle cutout right over the center of the lens where the camera is . I've not removed it since it protects the camera lens.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

keekee66

Reaction score
Actually mine has the plastic over the lens but there is a small circle cutout right over the center of the lens where the camera is . I've not removed it since it protects the camera lens.

Yeah mine has that circle too I think I'm going to leave it. My pics come out amazing so it's not affecting it.

evor1

Reaction score
i removed it. i noticed it when the sticker was getting all scratched up. the lens has no scratches on it. i assume its gorilla glass or something so it shouldnt get scratched up really.

keekee66

Reaction score
I ended up removing it too lol especially where I have a case that comes slightly out past it prob won't get scratched.

TvVoice

Reaction score

Don't be afraid, FoxKat. That plastic is only part of the packaging. It's the same as the thin plastic that comes on the edges of the phone, too. Did you leave that on as well? When you purchase a new monitor or TV set do you leave the plastic on the front of it? Do you have clear plastic covers on your living room furniture? Unless you are really rough or careless with your phone you shouldn't have to leave part of the packaging stuck to it for protection. Besides, the plastic may not be as optically clear as the lens glass so leaving it on could potentially affect your pictures.