Camera - image quality question

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I have been trying to use my Droid as my primary camera but have not beenpleased with the results. Pics tend to be grainy and fuzzy. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my Droid. I would just like to be able to take better photos.

So, any suggestions? I have been leaving it on fully automatic settings.

thebeeobee

Reaction score
Turn on lots of lights and that will eliminate the noise. This is not a good low light camera.

ocramavaf

Reaction score
thebeeobee said:
Turn on lots of lights and that will eliminate the noise. This is not a good low light camera.

This and keep the flash on

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Have you tried any other camera apps like Camera ICS, CameraZoom FX, HDR Camera, or Camera360?

None of them will work miracles, but each can somewhat produce better shots than the stock app. I've found Camera ICS to be the most consistent for my uses, while HDR Camera is a lot of fun for high contrast shots (particularly outdoors).

The camera on the RAZR isn't anything special compared to the cameras that most high-end smartphones are sporting now. It's not awful, but it's certainly not all that great. As others have said, if you can get a lot of light, and are able to hold the phone very still, you can end up with some above average shots.

thebeeobee

Reaction score
I still think it's a good camera, though, and probably better than 70% of other smartphone cameras, at least. You just need to learn its strengths and weaknesses.

mesii23

Reaction score
Bsweetness is right. You should try CameraICS.

I use it, and it gives the best and most consistent results.

Sent from my 4G LTE DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Ok, so I should not consider it in the same league as my Nikon S7100.. I'm fine with that; just wanted to ask.

I will have to check out the other camera apps... would never have thought of that

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
RAZRmax said:
Ok, so I should not consider it in the same league as my Nikon S7100.. I'm fine with that; just wanted to ask.

I will have to check out the other camera apps... would never have thought of that

Oh, absolutely not. I don't think any phone camera would be capable of that quality. But, the Razr can take some awesome pictures. I do think using an app like camera ICS or HDR camera helps. Also holding your hand steady while taking your shot. Check out this thread to see what the Razr is capable of.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/189660-post-pictures-taken-your-razr.html

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Thanks! I will check that out. Again, I am absolutely thrilled with my Razr and am just looking to improve it.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I know I am of no help here, Ive tried all the camera apps on the Maxx and have yet to find one that will work as good as the camera on my Rezound. While I used my Rezound my Nikon stayed home.
If Moto could get a lense like the ones HTC uses, the Maxx would truly be the perfect phone!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, I agree Malissa...my son's Rezound does take some nice pics. I thought it was just because he was better at it than I.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

laurenjones93

Reaction score
Weird. My camera is awesome. Sometimes some grainy photos but on because of the detail.

Reaction score
My rezound takes really great photos. I feel like the quality is the same as my daughters iPhone 4s.

Zandar

Reaction score
I've found my RAZR to be as good as any of the major makes out there (Samsung, Apple/Sony, HTC, etc.). They're all decent but not great, and each has its strong and weak points. Honestly, the only phone camera that is above the pale is Nokia. Too bad they use low spec hardware and a crap OS (my personal opinion of WP7; the OS that's different just for the sake of being different).

-Sliced from my RAZR