Gnexus camera is great.... but can it be better by using a better camera app?

Vistro

Reaction score
I've been using my gnexus since the release and I love it. My only complaint is the grainy pics that it takes (it still comes out pretty great). Have you guys noticed any difference in quality of the pics by using different camera app than the stock camera app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Glueeater

Reaction score
I wish they would include an option to re-focus before taking the picture. Holding a phone at steady distance is next to impossible, thus focus is usually lost unless you're quick to tap both the screen and capture buttons. I know they did they to get "zero-shutter" lag, but I'd rather trade off for a high keeper rate than uber fast shutter clicking.

OP
V

Vistro

Reaction score
actually I was thinking of the same thing. When I use camera fx app it auto focuses only when I tap on take button. I was wondering if other apps are better.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
I didn't mind the Nexus camera at all (from these couple weeks of owning it) until this past weekend.. went out with some friends and there were some awesome pictures we took with my phone that I couldnt wait to see.. I didn't look at my phones pics until a couple hours after that (someone used my phone to take the pics) and saw they came out pretty darn blurry (night pics with flash in a bar) :mad:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Is there a way to control the width of the wide lens feature? Meaning if i want to cut it a bit shorter.. other then that i'm pretty happy with the cam, a step up from the OG cam...

GoBears

Reaction score
Camera360 will autofocus then autotake the pic. Works pretty good on the Nex.

OP
V

Vistro

Reaction score
If some custom rom or kernel can fix the camera setting including wide lens and auto focus on shoot, I'll be more than happy to root my phone. (I think I'm gonna still root my phone eventually)

captdroid

Reaction score
Camera360 will autofocus then autotake the pic. Works pretty good on the Nex.

Thanks for the tip! Camera360 does seem to work better for taking a focused picture at least making it simple to accomplish. Perhaps this will be one of Googles improvements the stock camera in the next update. Only thing I found so far with Camera360 after a short time trying is that if you have GPU acceleration forced then the app doesn't work properly (which is the case with some other applications as well that don't support GPU acceleration being forced).

GoBears

Reaction score
I actually use Camera360 a lot for easy still pics. When there is motion I use the stock app for rapid pics. I love this camera.

captdroid

Reaction score
I actually use Camera360 a lot for easy still pics. When there is motion I use the stock app for rapid pics. I love this camera.

For motion I been using the stock video cam... then if I want pics I can extract snaps from the video. The cam on the GN works extremely well and blows away my D1 cam :)