Calling all naked X owners!

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
On the back of your X, is there like wear on the points where the X would sit on a surface, like say, a table? The bottom of the hump, and very bottom of the phone.

And I bought an Otterbox for my X, but it's so **** bulky, I would rather it be naked, is this "safe" for someone who doesn't run around a construction site? In other words, could it be naked and not get damaged at all (so long as I don't stab it with a key or drop it, etc)?

calidroid31

Reaction score
just get a silicon case for it its thin enough for u to put it in ur back pick and still have the protection u needthat what I have and works great

Sent from my DROIDX

jase

Reaction score
Not even a tiny scuff or scrape on mine. It's indistinguishable from new.

But I'm a bad example. My phone is always in the cradle, the holster, or my hand. I never set it down anywhere, mostly because if I do, I may not remember to pick it back up.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I set mine down all the time....no wear points that I can tell on mine.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Ah, good, I once got a CPO Droid X that had those parts, well actually I think it was all four corners of the "hump" that had like the top layer scraped up....

Anyone know what the chassis is made of anyway? it's metal, but there's gotta be something over it that gives it the rubberized feel.

sugarnova

Reaction score
The rubbery feel is soft touch paint.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX using DroidForums App

audioman42

Reaction score
Pick up a TPU case. Feels like it's not even there, but provides great protection ;)

Jordan8

Reaction score
I use the commuter series of otterbox, I think it's pretty thin. The second I go naked, I'll drop it right on the screen haha.

foos3rj4m

Reaction score
I've got a bodyglove ordered, should be here first of this week, NTL Tuesday... hopefully. Also, I agree about the otterbox. Way to bulky....

Jordan8

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah the cases go from most to least bulky: Otterbox Defender, Body Glove, Otterbox Commuter, Shell Holster Combo.

I used my X with just a silicone after having a shell holster since I bought it and it felt like it got lost in my pockets

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jordan8

Reaction score
Yeah the cases go from most to least bulky: Otterbox Defender, Body Glove, Otterbox Commuter, Shell Holster Combo.

I used my X with just a silicone after having a shell holster since I bought it and it felt like it got lost in my pockets

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Can't forget the Trident Kraken, it gets 1st on that list haha.

mwshows

Reaction score
Can't forget the Trident Kraken, it gets 1st on that list haha.[/QUOTE]

LOL I use a Kraken. Makes my X huge but I'm a large man so I love the bulky feel and the added protection it gives. Only drawback is thag with big fingers it's hard to pull down the notification bar or get to the edge of the screen. If you want to move widgets from screen to screen I find that I have to take the case off. Kind of an annoying trade off, but now I'm so used to it that I wouldn't change for anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Jordan8

Reaction score
Can't forget the Trident Kraken, it gets 1st on that list haha.

LOL I use a Kraken. Makes my X huge but I'm a large man so I love the bulky feel and the added protection it gives. Only drawback is thag with big fingers it's hard to pull down the notification bar or get to the edge of the screen. If you want to move widgets from screen to screen I find that I have to take the case off. Kind of an annoying trade off, but now I'm so used to it that I wouldn't change for anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I have it too lol, & I agree. The notification bar & texting with one hand is a ....