1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Questions for Droid X owners

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by pattikate, Apr 1, 2011.

1. pattikate

pattikate New Member

Before I purchase a new Droid X, I would like to ask owners these questions:

Have you had issues with the phone randomly freezing or dropped calls? The reason I wonder is because of a few reviews I've read on the Verizon site.
  2. hasbrobot

hasbrobot New Member

Best phone I've every had, and I've had the eris, droid, and the incredible. No problems of that kind at all. Go for it!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

I will list all the "problems" I have had with my DX..take them for what they are...

1) It has never dropped a call unless I was in a known "dead zone"...quite unlike damn near every phone I have had previously...

2) The call clarity is just amazing...confusing seeing as I was used to being slightly above 2 tin cans and some kite string on my other phones...

3) Crazy battery life...I cant quite figure out how my DX can go upwards of 20 hours on a single charge...got to be a fluke right?

4) This big-a$$ display is a real concern for me...I am quite terrified of the gamma rays it must be putting out...I can almost feel my face wanting to "Hulk out" after each call...quite disconcerting if you ask me...

So, as you can see..my DX is what it is...yours might be different though...:D

Seriously...the Droid X is a great phone...but there can be issues with any phone...:)
  4. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

I have have experienced no freezing and only 1 or 2 resets.
  5. pattikate

pattikate New Member

Cool! How about Internet connection and 3G dropping to 1X??? Does this happen frequently with you guys?
  6. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Me personally...never seen my phone display 1X...always either 3G or WiFi...

Only time my phone "freezes" is when I am dong modifications to it such as themes or ROMs...normal use it does not occur...
  7. sslbaron

sslbaron New Member

I've had my X since around Thanksgiving, and I haven't had any issues with mine. I can count on one hand how many times I've seen the 1X connection. I use the data side of the phone quite often and is very reliable. I actually had an Eris first, and the X worked in a lot of places which the Eris had dropped multiple calls. If you have doubts about getting an X, I can say on the reliability side it has been great. I don't regret buying mine. :icon_ banana:
  8. thinman72069

thinman72069 New Member

Never, ever had a dropped call. A few small issues that have either worked themselves out (magically) or have had them resolved by the fine folks of this forum.
    Just get one already.

9. mugz91

mugz91 New Member

Had a couple of times dropped to 1x but I live in a VERY rural area. Switched from at&t to get my x and so far this phone is the real deal in spades! Absolutely no complaints whatsoever and I'm just a plain vanilla stock user. If you want to root I don't know that this this couldn't make you breakfast in the morning! So, in short, yes I recommend purchasing one.

10. D_meist

D_meist New Member

Droid X is a great phone. However, its starting to get a little long in the tooth. Id go for a thunderbolt if you can afford it. As far as the droid X's hardware goes, the only problem I have is that the headphone jack sucks. It will cut in and out when listening to music. Oh, and the damns bootloader's locked.

11. csdeloy

csdeloy New Member

Never had any problems with my jack use it all the time I'd suggest a better pair of head phones.

Sent from my DROIDX
  12. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

Droid X is a great phone. Just upgraded to Gingerbread leak and the speed is amazing. No dropped calls, calls clear with no issues. 3G is consistent with not ever seeing anything but 3G as a connection. My phone is rooted and tethered and zipped up to 1.2 ghz with no over heating and minimul battery effect. Was going to upgrade to the Droid X2 when it comes out but with my current configuration that. May not be necessary any more.
  13. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

Every phone is going to switch from 3G to 1X based on the signal strength of your location. In my office, I'm on 1X most of the time.
  14. xan

xan New Member

ive had 5 dx's since feb. every single one has had manufactures problems.

from nonworking hard buttons, to constant reboots, to screen distortion issues.

- gee what a great phone.....

none of them has ever dropped a call tho.:icon_ banana:
  15. Technoman

Technoman New Member

I have had ONE X my entire time, the one I got when I upgraded.
    Not one issue with the hardware, software has been kept to the OTA non-rooted. No issues, why muck with it???
  16. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

I've only had one also, I did root because I wanted to take screenshots and wanted to install busybox. I don't have any interest in new ROMs or themes though.
  17. xan

xan New Member

i guess if you luck out and get a good one the first time around your golden...but if you have to use your warranty (or asurion for that matter) your screwed.
    im so sick of losing at refurb roulette.

only the first droid got rooted, but that was to get some soft keys installed cause the hard buttons broke.
  18. izzo540

izzo540 New Member

1) Headphone jack does suck ass, its got contact pins on the left and right side of the jack, but for some reason the pins lose contact here and there, unfortunately your music doesnt tag back in because when the headphone is pulled [loses contact] the phone is set to turn off the music.. It gets a little annoying but just give the jack a good shift and blow here and there and ive lived with it.
    2) Never dropped a call before, not unless I was in a tunnel or hiding out in a rural area, rarely do I see 1X unless I'm in a building [which i recently found out can use copper wire and such to restrict access to 3G and in some cases 1X as well]
    3) I have had the phone since august, this is my first one. what a phone. you drop an iphone on marshmellows and the screen cracks like you hit it with a bus, not the droid.. concrete drop left it with 2 scratches on the side screen unscathed..

4) ROOT ROOT ROOT ROOT: You can do so much with this phone aside from the locked bootloader the developers find something new and retarded or awesome to do everyday, if youre someone who likes to play around with your stuff all the time and you know how to fix it if you mess up and your patient. GET THIS PHONE

And last but not least:
    i owned a lot of LG phones and moto phones for that matter, they all had that bug where after a while they just shut randomly or reboot on a regular basis.. droid X - never happened.

peacepeace
  19. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Depends. Do you reboot your phone daily?
    The stock DroidX does have some memory/resource leaks if left running for extended periods. See
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...what-my-android-apps-doing-behind-scenes.html

20. Technoman

Technoman New Member

Funny, because I never just reboot my phone, and I don't exhibit any of those problems. Like I said, it could be a rouge APP, or something due to rooting and themes.
Search tags for this page

droid office assistant