Potential X Owner: Size Matters...?

Seufari

Reaction score
So I have been on the fence for the last 3 days as to whether I should get the X or the 2.

I would love to hear some input from X owners as to the size of the device. I am currently using a BB Storm and it has served me well up until the last couple of weeks. It fits well in one hand and is very easy for me to use one handed.

The main concern I have with the X is the size. I do not want to lose the one handed functionality. When I played around with one in store, it didn't feel like a one handed device, but that could have been the giant mounting system.

Please chime in on how it is you hold/use yours...

Warner

Reaction score
I don't find the size to be an issue at all as far as one-handed use is concerned. I'm a normal sized guy with normal sized hands. The only time size becomes an issue is when someone next to me pulls out their iphone.....then I have to try hard not to giggle when I see how tiny their screen is. :biggrin:

Warner

oo3

Reaction score
I came from an iPhone to the DX and also thought it was a little big, but got used to it. Now I prefer the screen size and one-handed use is effective. By making the screen skinnier than the Evo it is far easier to use one handed.

Nadious

Reaction score
I'm the only Droid user in my office (that will change very soon!) and the number one complaint I get when I show someone the phone is: "Look how huge that phone is!!!!!" But, every single one of them have found out that it looks a lot bigger than it actually feels. In fact, I had one guy here who was looking into getting the Inc. say that after placing a few calls on the X, he's decided to get it instead because 'It doesn't feel as big as it seems.'

I haven't run into anyone yet that has said that the phone feels too big or is awkward in their hands when in use... but maybe I'm just being lucky. I often forget how large the phone is when I'm viewing a website in landscape mode. That right there, is the main reason I love the phone.

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
It's a tad big...

I'm an averaged sized guy, but have smallish hands (size 7 if that means anything to you). I came from the storm 1 and the X is quite a jump. I had trouble in the store, too, but I think that was mostly from the security sensor. Now that I have been playing with the X for about 24hrs, it is still big, not as bad as in the store. I do find myself using my left hand for some things bc my thumb can't get to everything or cramps up sometimes.
That being said, I love it! I'm an average user and it does everything I need it to do and an infinite amount more!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The X is a perfect size.....

Rax

Reaction score
I went from the BB Storm to the Droidx. The X is thinner, slightly wider and longer. The X kinda fits in my storm case(its a bit long for the flap to shut). To me I like the bigger screen (kicks ass over the BB Storm screen) toutch and responce way smoother and faster. I do kinda miss my BB:( more for the outlook coorprate email stuff (calander and contacts) and of cource the BB mesenger (I really miss that), but for a few bucks I can probably download an app for that. Be prepared for a small learning curve from your Storm to the X.. I can honestly say I will probably never go back to BB again. I have yet to pull my battery out to reboot my cell (at least twice a week on my storm)..

iDr0id

Reaction score
I have huge hands. I had no trouble with it lol. Your welcome for not helping whatsoever. It's a big phone, but its not terribly big.