Putting a Droid X in your pocket all day

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by bgillyjcu, Jul 29, 2010.

1. jdroidme84

jdroidme84 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was skeptical as well when I first purchased the X about the size and how it would fit in my pants. I wear khaki's to work and it's not even noticeable most of the time. I wore jeans the other day and it fit in those too even with a case on it. Now if you wear "skinny" jeans I could see you having some issues haha.

2. tourplayer

tourplayer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just happen to know exactly what you're talking about. I came from a Storm 1 and live in Tampa. My biggest reason for upgrading was always having to wait 3 minutes for my screen to work after taking it out of my pocket. I've had zero problems with the DX and it's made me realize what an absolute piece of junk the Storm1 is. Minus synching with Outlook there is nothing better about the BB that you can't find an app for with the DX.

3. deranger

deranger New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I've had my DX living in my right front pocket constantly and I've had no problems with humidity. This is coming from deep southern Alabama, where the humidity never drops below 90%. Also, I constantly sweat onto the screen because I have to wear ACUs in the ridiculously hot weather. Aside from a very slick screen, I have no problems whatsoever.

4. MrDonBonJovi

MrDonBonJovi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is that a Droid X in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

I wear dress pants and tighter jeans (low rise boot cuts from AE and AF) and haven't had any issues.

5. rydizzle

rydizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's awesome to hear. Luckily I don't use Outlook so no problem there, but at least your Storm worked after a few minutes. It was always a battery pull for me. Now I can't wait for my DX to get here. Since my Storm doesn't work, and no sense in keeping it for a backup phone, I think I might burn it in effigy.

Big ups to Tampa DX users combating the humidity.

6. rydizzle

rydizzle Member

Ratings:
    +0

HA! No, but seriously, it's a Droid X.

7. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,191
    i work in a hospital and wear khakis to work every day. only difference my khakis have cargo pockets but i use them to hold my wallet, car keys and other medical supplies. keep my droid x in regular pocket by the waist line. previously had samsung sch-i760 smartphone. that one was smaller length and width but larger thickness wise. i find droid x much easier to carry because it's thin.

8. 1694kyle

1694kyle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I came from the dare too and it honestly seemed more bulky. I wear the same thing to work and dont notice it. Now whenever i look at my Ipod i'm like WTF thats small. That being said, I don't think "your droid is showing" is a complement. Iphone users dont have the size issue to worry about....

9. thelion

thelion Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wear jeans everyday and my X sits right in my pocket. Most of the time, I forget it is there and reach for my purse instead.

10. Fizban22

Fizban22 Member

Ratings:
    +0

ironically, im from tampa too, upgraded from a Storm 1 to a DX, and no i havent had any humidity problems with my X so far. my scree did stop working on my Storm about a month ago but i think that phone just ran its life.

also, just curious, does TourPlayer stand for Tour roller hockey? cause that would make three eerily similar coincidences... lol

11. iam8up

iam8up New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Only cargo pants so far in the last 7 days and I have not noticed the phone at all. SUPER thin phone.

It does not fit in women's short shorts. I have scientific evidence =P

12. ffej89

ffej89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use the Htc Evo which is a similar size to the X and i have to say you will love the size. The only time you notice the difference is when your looking at the screen IMO.

Search tags for this page

android touch screen not working after putting it in my jean

does the motorola moto x fit in your jeans pocket

motorola droid m keeps being hot all day

will droid ultra fit in pockets

will the moto x fit in my pocket?