Call Quality hissing? anyone?

grandeson

Reaction score
Hey folks, recently I noticed a slight hissing, almost a sound of an air leak coming from a hole in a tire sound in the background of some of my phone calls. Its not always there, and it can actually appear during a call. I seem to notice it when Im home, wondering of it can be some intereference from other electrical equipment or a faulty droid. Thinking its not the phones fault cause its not always there. Anyway, let me know. thanks

cian121

Reaction score
I am on my second Droid and it is crystal clear. My first went back because there was a fast ticking noise present through the ear piece on the phone. If i would open the slider just slightly during a call the ticking noise would go away. I was nervous about replacing the first phone because everything else was perfect but i am glad i did, now everything is perfect when it comes to the hardware.

VOATMJ1

Reaction score
I have had my Driod for 2 weeks now, and so far everything is working great. Call quality is also crystal clear and I have my volume ear piece set on max, in fact, I would say it's the best sounding out of any phone that I have ever had!

DougFNJ

Reaction score
I did numerous exchanges for the same issue that continued for 4 phones, and after getting a trouble ticket in to the 2nd level it was reported as a known issue that should be resolved on the 12/11 update.

MikeDroid

Reaction score
My phone has perfect call clarity. The one I just returned within Verizon's 30 day grace period was a Blackberry Tour and it had a noticeable hiss on calls

MikeDroid

Reaction score
My phone has perfect clarity at all volumes. I returned within the 30 day grace period a black berry Tour that had a noticeable hiss on my handset. I am glad I returned the Tour. The browser was horrible and other issues. I had a Blackberry Curve and though older technology, it was better than the Tour

OP
G

grandeson

Reaction score
yeah, not getting the sound all that often, almost sounds like wind in the background. Got it maybe 2x in the last 10 and i've only noticed it in my house. not too concerned, especially since i never noticed it anyplace else. Happy thanksgiving all.

raven1911

Reaction score
Extranneous noises heard can probably be solved by toggling the speakerphone button on, then off. I know this has solved numerous crackling and echoing problems. Motorola has posted that this is on the list for update in early Dec.

xliderider

Reaction score
Anyone with call quality issues can also try the following to change the codec for the voice encoding on their phone from EVRC to the newer EVRC-B setting by doing the following:

From the call screen, press ##PROGRAM then Call. Enter 000000 at the activation screen.

Select option 04 vocode, change it to EVRC-B. Press the Home screen icon at e bottom of your screen to exit. Your Droid will reboot to apply the new codec.

Warning, don't mess with any of the other settings in the Programming menu, you can brick your phone.

ffemt300

Reaction score
My call audio is good so far but I had an issue this morning with my ring/notification tones messing up. I thought it was just some of the ones that I had imported but it was all the audio coming from the speaker. It was basically just white noise. I finally got a popup that said something like "audio problem" and gave the option to retry or something like that. That didnt work so I pulled the battery and that seemed to work.

magrathean

Reaction score
Two droids in a row have the hissing problem

I am glad I found this thread. I took my first droid back because of the hissing noise I heard and then found the second one does it, too. I really hope the 12/11 update takes care of it. It only happens on occasion, but sometimes it can be very loud and distracting in the background of a phone call.