Anyone experience hissing sounds from the earpiece?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Gobrian, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Gobrian

Gobrian New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my D3 today and naturally made an acc here... so far loving it.
    EXCEPT for the fact that I am picking up fairly noticeable hissing sound for the earpiece. I can hear it whenever any type of sound is emitted from it, and not just when it is at 100%, but at lower levels too. It is starting to get on my nerves as it is all I notice talking on my new device.

What do you guys think? Any of you audiophiles pick something up as well?

I have been told to just take it back... (after waiting for 4 days with no phone for it to get here since its sold out)

Will they make me pay that new $35 restocking fee or whatever for taking back a device i believe could be faulty? (that'd be BULL****)

2. kdw11005

kdw11005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard it too, had to get my D3 from fedex cuz store was sold out. I just got mine Tuesday. Mine isn't too bad tho....I mean I can hear the conversation

3. Red_Hope

Red_Hope New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had that either with my D2 or Incredible. Right after i got it. I did a simple restart and it was all good.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

4. TRiLLSiPPiN

TRiLLSiPPiN Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I left my phone on the dashboard while eating in the parking lot for about 15 minutes. Someone called so I answered the phone, the phone was VERY hot (from being in the sun, obiously) and made a hissing/poping sound and i was afraid I broke something. I had noticed distortion when at full volume before this incident. I returned the phone (within my 14 day trial period) because of the distortion issues and battery issues. The new one I got seems to work better in both regards. If you are even questioning your device, I would trade it in for a new one if you are still in your 14 days. Seems like a lot of duds went out with the first shipment.

Search tags for this page

droid 3 hiss

galaxy 3 hiss

galaxy s2 hiss

galaxy s2 hissing
galaxy s3 hissing
hissing motorola
s4 hissing noise
samsung galaxy s4 hiss speakers
samsung s4 hissing sound
why does my samsung galaxy prevail make a hissing sound