call me crazy

dakoop

Reaction score
As much as I am in love with the x I am starting to think I will stick with my original droid, for a bit. My droid is rooted and overclocked so it is faster than the x will b out of the box. And with froyo source being released the real fun could begin. Who knows I could change my mind.

Zahoor

Reaction score
No one is gonna call u crazy...its your money and opinion dancedroid...also i will be doing the same thing lol

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
The screen looks gorgeous and I love the HDMI out, but I'm really not down with touchscreen typing. I need a physical keyboard.

I just got my Droid in April so I can't really upgrade anyway, but the keyboard thing would give me pause if I was in the market.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, you're not crazy. I wasnt thinking about selling my Droid until someone on another forum posted about the Diversity Antennas. He said with those, it should get better reception than the Motorola E815.

The E815 has the best reception of any regular cell or smartphone I ever used. I dont know if the Droid is better or worse, but its close.

If I get the X and get better reception, my Droid might go on Ebay the next day.

dwagner88

Reaction score
You won't be the only one. I'm not really willing to pay full retail for a 6 month upgrade. I will wait till the holiday season. You just watch, half of the people buying this phone will probably sell it to get whatever comes out at christmas. Then sell that one 6 months later to get the next great phone. It's amazing how quickly people of greater financial means than myself get bored with their equipment. Personally, I'll do my best to be patient.

sic0048

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't see a need to upgrade. Besides, in 6 more months there will be a new set of Droid releases. No need to keep getting the newest thing out there unless you have more money than sense.

I'm coming off a non-smart phone. If I had a Droid, I'd be keeping it.

DIRTYDOGG

Reaction score
The E815 has the best reception of any regular cell or smartphone I ever used. I dont know if the Droid is better or worse, but its close.

The E815 is the best sounding Phone I have ever own, it was a few phones back but still in the box in-case i ever need a back up

Droids

Reaction score
Since Froyo source is out now, I'm expecting a nice bug-free Froyo rom for my Droid soon. I can't see going back to 2.1 after that. I like, and want, the X but not until it runs official Froyo. By the time it gets Froyo, it'll likely be rooted too.

OP
dakoop

dakoop

Reaction score
I am using my brain and thinking right now but when I see this beauty will I be able to resist?

Reaction score
i think im switching and unfortunately i cant do it and keep my droid, unless i can find a summer job in the next month, the original droid is goin on ebay and the X is comin home. i'll be doing everything i can to keep both tho...

OP
dakoop

dakoop

Reaction score
i think im switching and unfortunately i cant do it and keep my droid, unless i can find a summer job in the next month, the original droid is goin on ebay and the X is comin home. i'll be doing everything i can to keep both tho...

Why would you need both? You can only use one at a time, unless you are gonna call yourself?

I keep going back an forth on this.

clucernoni

Reaction score
I think alot of people are in the same boat as you. The droid has such full potential to be extended that there is no reason to upgrade until the holiday season in my opinion. I had been getting tired of my droid, but then the Froyo rom completely blew away my expectations and I am completely happy with my phone. I'm running 1.25GHz, smooth as can be...so the Droid pro will probably be my next upgrade.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright...Crazy!

but your probably not the only one, I am keeping my RooteDroid and wondering what they have in the works for 7-6-2011

Hopefully-DroPro

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

BPB

Reaction score
You're crazy.
(Just kidding.)
Since I've rooted my Droid, installed the latest Froyo ROM, and gotten all the apps I need, the Droid I've got does everything I need. I probably won't upgrade until the modding community stops supporting the Droid. Once I settle on a device I tend to hang on to it until there is a feature available that I need or would be really useful if I had. An HDMI out is nice, but at the moment I can't think of a situation where I'd actually have a use for it. Just me, but once I find a device that does everything I need/want like the Droid, I generally hang on to it until absolutely no one is using that model.

Sent from my Droid