call me crazy

ken.gentry

Reaction score
The new Droid X's 1 GHz TI OMAP 3630 processor is manufactured with 45 nm features. The current Droid uses 65 nm features. Shrinking the chip reduces power consumption. A 65 nm CPU overclocked to 1 GHz will consume more power than it's 45 nm counterpart.

This assumes both CPUs are running at high speed (heavy CPU load). If the CPUs are running mostly low CPU loads then the net power consumption could be similar.

One reason I'm excited about getting the Dalvik JIT in Android 2.2 is faster code execution for apps. This will mean that apps run faster which makes them more responsive and consume less CPU resources by not constantly reinterpreting their bytecode.

japaleno

Reaction score
The new Droid X's 1 GHz TI OMAP 3630 processor is manufactured with 45 nm features. The current Droid uses 65 nm features. Shrinking the chip reduces power consumption. A 65 nm CPU overclocked to 1 GHz will consume more power than it's 45 nm counterpart.

This assumes both CPUs are running at high speed (heavy CPU load). If the CPUs are running mostly low CPU loads then the net power consumption could be similar.

One reason I'm excited about getting the Dalvik JIT in Android 2.2 is faster code execution for apps. This will mean that apps run faster which makes them more responsive and consume less CPU resources by not constantly reinterpreting their bytecode.

True, but on the other hand, there is a lot more screen to power.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

True, but on the other hand, there is a lot more screen to power.

alright, we'll call it a draw. ;)

zeke

Reaction score
wait

Just wait 2gz by the end of the year. With 4.3 display. Maybe a phy keyboard.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I going for the X due to the fact I hate the keyboard. It's useless IMHO.
Almost jumped for a DI.....Glad I didn't...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I going for the X due to the fact I hate the keyboard. It's useless IMHO

Yeah if you don't use it then it's just a waste, personally I can't live without it. The pictures of the D2 keyboard look real nice, but outside of that improvement it is "almost" the same Droid....really though who knows untill the devices are officially announced and released what they are going to be packing under the hood.

I am definately holding out for the DroPro

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

sroach23

Reaction score
since i started using swype i have abandoned my physical keyboard. im thinking of going to the bigger screen of the x.