Calendar won't sync

nitsuj

Reaction score
My calendar absolutely refuses to sync. No matter what I do. I have it set to sync contacts and calendar, I've tried refreshing manually. No matter what I do, the events I enter into the my calendar on the phone will not show up on my gmail calendar when I access it from my computer.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but what?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
My calendar absolutely refuses to sync. No matter what I do. I have it set to sync contacts and calendar, I've tried refreshing manually. No matter what I do, the events I enter into the my calendar on the phone will not show up on my gmail calendar when I access it from my computer.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but what?

So you have Background Data enabled? Do you have Auto-sync enabled?

From doing just a random google search it appears people say the calendar function can be fickle.

OP
nitsuj

nitsuj

Reaction score
Yes to background data. Yes to auto sync. But it shouldn't matter. It doesn't work even when I sync manually.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Yes to background data. Yes to auto sync. But it shouldn't matter. It doesn't work even when I sync manually.

Right, I understand that, I just thought I would ask to get an idea of what you're working with. The more you know, yada yada.

Some people say that clearing the Calendar's Application Data can help resolve this issue: Calendar won't sync with Droid - Google Mobile Help

1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then Applications.
3. Select Manage applications.
4. Press < Menu >, the select "Filter."
5. Select "All."
6. Select Calendar Storage
7. Press "Clear data."
8. Wait for everything to re-sync.

Give that a go and maybe it will help fix the issue. Several people on that thread said it worked for them. I just did this to see if it would resync, etc and it sure did remove the data on the phone and resync with the online calendar.

Maybe you have some bad data some where? It's worth a shot. :icon_eek:

nerdbox08

Reaction score

Right, I understand that, I just thought I would ask to get an idea of what you're working with. The more you know, yada yada.

Some people say that clearing the Calendar's Application Data can help resolve this issue: Calendar won't sync with Droid - Google Mobile Help

1. Press your device's < Home > button, then press < Menu >.
2. Select Settings and then Applications.
3. Select Manage applications.
4. Press < Menu >, the select "Filter."
5. Select "All."
6. Select Calendar Storage
7. Press "Clear data."
8. Wait for everything to re-sync.

Give that a go and maybe it will help fix the issue. Several people on that thread said it worked for them. I just did this to see if it would resync, etc and it sure did remove the data on the phone and resync with the online calendar.

Maybe you have some bad data some where? It's worth a shot. :icon_eek:

But you also don't have the events in your online calendar. So if it's a lot of events, that might be tedious to put them online then remove the data on the phone, then resync =\

OP
nitsuj

nitsuj

Reaction score
I was just writing a reply saying the exact same thing. ;-) Any way to fix it without cleaning the events out of my phone?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I was just writing a reply saying the exact same thing. ;-) Any way to fix it without cleaning the events out of my phone?

I see another fix in that thread, but I can't find the setting it says to utilize, so I can't figure out how to do that one.

As for your data on the phone, I really can't think of an easy way to move it to the online calendar.

This might seem silly, but while in your calendar if you hit Settings > More > My calendars Do you have your [email protected] calendar selected for use?

nerdbox08

Reaction score

I see another fix in that thread, but I can't find the setting it says to utilize, so I can't figure out how to do that one.

As for your data on the phone, I really can't think of an easy way to move it to the online calendar.

This might seem silly, but while in your calendar if you hit Settings > More > My calendars Do you have your [email protected] calendar selected for use?

I actually think that last fix is for the Droid Eris, come to think of it.