Google calendar sync w/ sports event

CapsFan

Reaction score
I'm unable to sync w/ google calendar when I added a sports calendar. It won't show up in my droid calendar when I synced. Anyone has the same problem?

iraparks

Reaction score
Same here added US Holidays and they show but not any of my 4 Sport teams. huh?

iraparks

Reaction score
went to the Google Forum to post same question, many others posted similar questions but each of them have had no replys. Must be tough question..

Also noticed: These options

Sync with Microsoft Mobile
Sync with Iphone
But no Sync with Droid option, did they forget their a big part of the Droid experience?

jjb2

Reaction score
went to the Google Forum to post same question, many others posted similar questions but each of them have had no replys. Must be tough question..

Also noticed: These options

Sync with Microsoft Mobile
Sync with Iphone
But no Sync with Droid option, did they forget their a big part of the Droid experience?

i noticed that too

OP
CapsFan

CapsFan

Reaction score
I found a work around...I created a new sports calendar and imported iCal file then synced to my droid. Google calendar really rocks...and I added bunch of different calendar such as personal, school dates, family important dates like birthdays, etc and sport teams.

iraparks

Reaction score
Step by step please, not familiar with CLI file thanx. Ical imeant

Last edited:

onejake

Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense. I'm able to view a colleague's calendar which is shared through google calendars, but not the other ones available from Google? (sports team schedules, stardates, holidays, etc...)

OP
CapsFan

CapsFan

Reaction score
Step by step please, not familiar with CLI file thanx. Ical imeant

Go to your fav sports team website like NY Rangers and download schedule in CSV or iCal format depending on if you use PC or Mac then go to Google calendar and create a new calendar under My calendars and name it NY Rangers. Put a dummy event and set the calendar option to NY Rangers. Go to settings and select calendars tab then click on import calendar link and choose a file that you downloaded either csv or iCal file and select NY Rangers in calendar option then click on Import button. You should see all of the NY Rangers events. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

marmst

Reaction score
When you put te sports calendar overlay on your Gmail calendar it won't sync, cause its an overlay. There is an option to add each event to your calendar then it will sync. Just play with it. Takes 2 mouse clicks to add them.

jjb2

Reaction score
When you put te sports calendar overlay on your Gmail calendar it won't sync, cause its an overlay. There is an option to add each event to your calendar then it will sync. Just play with it. Takes 2 mouse clicks to add them.

please elaborate

Rolngthun

Reaction score
I just went through the same thing. If you click the sporting event it gives you the option to copy to your calendar. So I did each one separately. After that turn off the sporting calendar feature so you don't have doubles on your computer calendar. It bites doing them one at a time. But not too bad. Certainly with hockey's long season.

iraparks

Reaction score
do you mean subscribe then unsubscribe, not understanding i understand if you're tired of trying to explain.. i guess i can go with out it

Rolngthun

Reaction score
do you mean subscribe then unsubscribe, not understanding i understand if you're tired of trying to explain.. i guess i can go with out it

Yes. Once the schedule is on your Google calendar on your PC, click on each event. It will give you the option to copy to your calendar. Once you do, each event will show up twice on your calendar on your PC, but only once on your phone. So than you can unsubscribe to leave just the events you copied to your calender.