Google calendar sync w/ sports event

iraparks

Reaction score
now i got it, but I have 4 teams with over 100 games i don't have that much time. Sorry to keep bothering everyone.

Yescobosa

Reaction score
Sinking calendar

Re: how to sync google calendar with DROID
Select which application to synchronize such as calendar

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu key
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Accounts & synchronization

Note: By default, all personal information in Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts will sync whenever you make a change or receive a new message.
  4. Select the Google Apps you want to synchronize.
Tip Select Auto-sync to automatically synchronize all applications. When Auto-sync is disabled, you can synchronize individual applications manually by selecting their respective check boxes.

monkeydog

Reaction score
Re: how to sync google calendar with DROID
Select which application to synchronize such as calendar

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu key
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Accounts & synchronization

Note: By default, all personal information in Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts will sync whenever you make a change or receive a new message.
  4. Select the Google Apps you want to synchronize.
Tip Select Auto-sync to automatically synchronize all applications. When Auto-sync is disabled, you can synchronize individual applications manually by selecting their respective check boxes.

The problem is that sports events do not sync even when this is done properly. As others have stated to get the sports calendars to sync you have to individually copy each event to your google calendar which is more often than not too much of a hassle to deal with.

Adlerson

Reaction score
I just noticed this too. More than a little annoying, to be honest. Would be nice if a solution to this could be found or made.

Addy

zeppelin

Reaction score
nothing yet on this? ive tried everything I can think of.

When i try to add calendar in the phone, it just prompts me with a cancel button.

Only other thing I can tink of until Google fixes this is to sync google calendar with an online service

nickb34

Reaction score
Try the SportsTap application... it does this without clogging up your calendar, also has a nice widget as well.

gpigate

Reaction score
I do use that app and its great, but would still be nice to just pull up the cal and see what time a game starts instead of 4 clicks into sports app

monkeydog

Reaction score
I've recently discovered scoreboard by google and it is good enough for me.
Scoreboard v2.2 Application for Android | Sports
You can set up your favorite teams and then its only about 2 clicks away to see their games.
It sends you notifications for your favorite team's games, you can either have it send one every score, every quarter, etc. And it also has a widget you can put on the home screen.
To see game schedules is very similar to the calendar, swipe left or right day by day and it will have a list of the entire league or just of your favorite team's games, depending what you chose to look at and if the game is going on currently it will have the current scores, time left, and other information depending on the sport.

Last edited:

azhummer

Reaction score
this must be related to this...

go into regular google calendar (from their website).. click the arrow for your sub calendars and hit calendar settings. the calendars that are not showing on the droid don't have XML or ICAL under "calendar addresses"..

ex:

calendar addresses (from my sports ones): HTML
Calendar addresses (ones that work): XML, ICAL, HTML

BlairAllenVT

Reaction score
I believe the problem you all are having with the Sports calendar not syncing directly to your Droid Calendar is because of licensing issues. I read in another forum that they heard that Google only allows for the viewing of the calendar in your Google Calendar, but not letting it be export-able so as to not infringe on some license laws? Kind of makes since, if you think like a money-hungry power exec of any sports franchise. But anyways, I guess they are fine with you putting in all the effort to manually copy each sport event into your own calendar.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I found a Google Code ticket that references the licensing issue I mentioned above:
More Info Here

Last edited: