Calendar Audio Alerts????

dwake

Reaction score
i've searched the forums here about getting a repeating audio alert for calendar -- but for the life of me, can't find something that will repeat an alarm for the calendar (not sms, or other notification).

handcent and missed call will NOT do it.

anyone with advice on another app that will give me the repeating audio i want?

thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i've searched the forums here about getting a repeating audio alert for calendar -- but for the life of me, can't find something that will repeat an alarm for the calendar (not sms, or other notification).

thanks!

You use the alarm. Like for me, I need to take medicine daily. I set an alarm to remind me. You can do the same and set your alarm up to alert you for whatever day you choose.

Silver Member
Reaction score

thanks!
are you talking about reminder notifications? so if you a reminder notifies you of an appointment, it sounds again before the appointment approaches?

i haven't seen an app that fixes this, but i do know that if you snooze it, it will notify you again.

Megaptera

Reaction score
640k your not addressing real issue

DUH! How could "dwake" he/she know to put it on snooze if they don't now the notification has occured,

I don't think you understand the problem "dwake" is addressing. Concerning ANY notification tone, most are missed because of the single week audible tone, vibrate is not strong enough, and it fails to repeat indefinately until acknowledged. Whether text, email, missed call, voicemail or calander notification event, my own friends dont here any of my notifications tones either. Most of us keep the phone in our pockets and if anyone is talking or ambient sound in car, office or anywhere else overshadows the single weak tone. Or when I leave it on my office desk or kitchen table I have no idea i recieved a text, email or calender alert after leaving the room for a minute.

As for substituting Alarm for calender, it does not substitue for calender as it has no description for event. Office meeting, dentist, MD, Birthday, what's it for? I't to wake you up. We would be lucky to have the alarm tone available with the calender and have it repeat every 5 minutes.

All my previous phones required manual acknowledgment to stop the notifiaction tone that repeated about every 5 minutes. You then eventually get it within reasonable time.

Last edited:

arnoldl

Reaction score
try my 'calendar snooze' app from the market.

it also let you set repeating alerts for events.

for example
so remind me 5 times with a minute between..
and then 5 times with 10 minutes in between

as example..

grtx , arnold

rampage42

Reaction score
Tried an app called Calendar Snooze. The free version has really annoying ads, have not tried the paid version yet. Will do a snooze and constant alerts.
Good luck.

edms

Reaction score
App for Stronger Repeating Calendar Alerts

You can use Nudnik to make your calendar event reminders vibrate repeatedly and stronger.
Nudnik Repeating reminder v3.2.0 - Snoozes are Application for Android | Productivity

It took me a while to get the settings right. Here's what I use:

Popup screen: Unchecked
Turn-on screen: Unchecked
Play sound: Checked
Vibrate: Checked
Vibration Pattern: Long
Choose LED color: Blue
Alarm Settings: Repeating Alarm
'Nudnik' Default Alarm: Checked
Increasing Alarm Sound: Checked
Override Phone modes: Checked
Shake Settings: Unchecked (for all)