Need some input to make a decision on purchasing

badcarburetor

Reaction score
I think this is probably a good place to land a few questions that I have about the Droid. I searched the forum and didn't find these topics discussed. I apologize upfront if I'm rehashing a beaten topic. I've also reviewed Droiddoes.com and it's not a great resource. Please just point me in the right direction and that's where I'll go.

A co-worker got a Droid and it seemed amazing when I played around with it. There is much that impresses me.

1. I need to be able to copy from any/every website and paste into my calendar and/or memos. Is that possible with Droid?

2. Does the search feature include the calendar and notes/memos/whatever they are called on Droid? I organize my entire life through the calendar and memos on my Palm Centro. Not being able to search those apps is unacceptable for my needs.

3. Is Droid fully synchable with Outlook? My main concern is wanting to be able to view all my memos and my calendar on my PC desktop.

4. Can calendar items be repeatable and can they have notes attached and that's not going to cause a problem with synching, right?

5. Is it possible to truly multi-function? Meaning, multiple search windows while on a call?

And, again, if there are already threads that cover these issues please direct me to them and accept my apologies for cluttering up the forum.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited:

mpenda

Reaction score
This isn't going to be much help, but here goes (hopefully someone else will verify):
Copy and paste? Not that I've been able to see. You can copy/cut etc from text input boxes, but not on/off a web page.
Search calendar? Not that I've seen.
I hate all things Microsoft, especially Outlook, so sorry, can't help there.
The Calendar is a miniature version of Google Calendar. It syncs beautifully enough between the online and phone versions. You can have all types of repeats and notifications. Notes? Not per se, but you can put some info in a "description" field.
Yes, apps multitask. That is, they don't "die" when you switch like on an iPhone. So you can be on a call and look up stuff on your phone.
For memos there's ties in with Google Docs and other on-line sync'ing note apps, some nifty ones that can handle photos, GPS coords and links etc.
Good luck!!

OP
B

badcarburetor

Reaction score
Thank you for the input. I really do appreciate it. Sadly, it sounds like the Droid isn't for me right now.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input. I really do appreciate it. Sadly, it sounds like the Droid isn't for me right now.
A lot of people seem to be missing this about the Droid: aside from the hardware features, many things can be customized and enhanced via apps. The stock browser can't copy and paste but Dolphin can. I wouldn't discount the Droid as an option just because it doesn't do something out-of-the-box but definitely research the solutions that you would need.