CalDAV support yet?

jjprusk

Reaction score
Has Google fixed Android yet so that it support CalDAV? I tried the Incredible, which I really liked, but without CalDAV support (which is what we use at work) it's not usable. They really need to get this fixed as many other phones (including the iPhone) have support for this built into their calendar app.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has Google fixed Android yet so that it support CalDAV? I tried the Incredible, which I really liked, but without CalDAV support (which is what we use at work) it's not usable. They really need to get this fixed as many other phones (including the iPhone) have support for this built into their calendar app.

There are no indications that this will be implemented in Android. It may never be since Google has it's own calendar.

I find it rather curious that you choose the words "fixed." If it's not broken, it doesn't need to be fixed. Just an observation.

OP
J

jjprusk

Reaction score

There are no indications that this will be implemented in Android. It may never be since Google has it's own calendar.

I find it rather curious that you choose the words "fixed." If it's not broken, it doesn't need to be fixed. Just an observation.

CalDAV is a key standard in calendaring and many calendaring systems, many open source, etc. are implementing the standard. A calendar that doesn't support the standard calendar protocol is indeed, broken.

Given your scenario, Google is sounding more like M$ every day. A company that doesn't implement standards is definitely "not doing good" by trying to control functions via proprietary protocols (ie, enter M$ again...)