Bye Droid 3 Forum

flemdroid

Reaction score
So yesterday my droid's scrren starts fizzing out when i open the keyboard. LCD connector getting loose i guess (not the first time)

Asurion is tried to give me a HTC incredible. HA what a joke. Manager had to approve me for a Droid 4 after a couple heated statements from me. Sad to see the rom community aint as big. Less ROMs too i think. No swappable batteries. so sim card slot? dammit.

ARZ

Reaction score
Are you saying the Droid 4 or the HTC does not have a Micro SD card or removable battery? I dont completley understand your statement.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So yesterday my droid's scrren starts fizzing out when i open the keyboard. LCD connector getting loose i guess (not the first time)

Asurion is tried to give me a HTC incredible. HA what a joke. Manager had to approve me for a Droid 4 after a couple heated statements from me. Sad to see the rom community aint as big. Less ROMs too i think. No swappable batteries. so sim card slot? dammit.

The Droid 4 has a SIM card slot (it has to for LTE), and it also has a microSD card slot.

ARZ

Reaction score
I try to refrain from asking questions of posters that don't type complete sentences, (like the OP), but I don't understand what they mean when they say...

Quote:
"Sad to see the rom community aint as big. Less ROMs too i think."

What does that mean?

Also is this a Typo? Or is that correct and if so, what do they mean?

Quote:
"so sim card slot?"

I appreciate your answers.

OP
flemdroid

flemdroid

Reaction score
Sorry sometimes i dont read over what i say. i meant the D4 community doesnt seem as big as over here for the D3s. Im bummed because i feel like the D3 is superior, i wish i could still use one. I could care less about ICS and my new D4 has horrible battery life (a full work days worth!). GB on the D3 was just as icy as ICS. Battery life was not only far superior, but could be swapped or accept extended versions. I loved popping in a 4000 mah battery when traveling or GPS tracking myself on a long hike. Just cant do that with a D4, itll die a few hours in GPS tracking and you cant swap. Makes me wanna root:icon_ devil:

And, i was confused about the sim card slot. i think what i meant was 'so no sim card slot?' Apparently it does because of 4G but its a micro sim and locked in with one of the stupid star head fasteners. D3 was international ready for me. I had verizons network in the US, and a prepaid sim for worldly use, and i kept that sim in all the time. Now i have to find a star head screwdriver and replace sims. I just like things good to go, and swappable batteries. I hate this non-removable crap. Stupid iphone craze.

D4 is cool and all. but it sucks compared to the D3. It might have a faster processor and more ram, but its less versatile. that just sucks.

pistacio

Reaction score
Thanks for your insight. I've been debating on finding a 4g phone, I guess I can hold out, or at least not get a D4. The non removable battery would kill me also.

Are you grandfathered in for unlimited data? Did swapping to the D4 change your plan?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I too would love a 4g phone but im not impressed with the d4 so I will continue to play with my d3 now that we have kexec and wait to see who comes with the best qwerty kboard device that will make me jump ship..

OP
flemdroid

flemdroid

Reaction score
Thanks for your insight. I've been debating on finding a 4g phone, I guess I can hold out, or at least not get a D4. The non removable battery would kill me also.

Are you grandfathered in for unlimited data? Did swapping to the D4 change your plan?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

yeah were im grandfathered. surprisingly the plan did not change. never buying a phone on contract again ever. btw i rooted last week, installed the eclipse rom on my d3 and the battery life is easily doubled.