Buying a Verizon phone on Amazon?

audioman42

Reaction score
I'm long overdue for an upgrade & will be getting the nexus. I know buying the phone on Amazon would be about $50 cheaper than getting it at the Verizon store, but will it be available from them on the release date? I want to have the phone before I go on vacation on the 21st, but if that won't be possible with Amazon then I'll just pick it up from the local Verizon store.

Thanks

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
They should carry it.

Just remember one thing:

Amazon requires you to keep the plan and the phone on your line for around 6 months. If you change your plan or the phone you have to pay a fee to them.

nikecar

Reaction score
They should carry it.

Just remember one thing:

Amazon requires you to keep the plan and the phone on your line for around 6 months. If you change your plan or the phone you have to pay a fee to them.

I suggest the fine print, but its usually the service you must keep. Several people upgrade a family members line and swap phone, but the service plan must stay unchanged.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I suggest the fine print, but its usually the service you must keep. Several people upgrade a family members line and swap phone, but the service plan must stay unchanged.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

You have to keep the device on the activated line with Amazon. A while ago I shot them an email asking if they did it and they said:

By accepting the equipment discount, you agree that for a period of 181 days after your new equipment is activated, you will not:

— Disconnect the line of service.
-- Transfer phone to another line under the same plan.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
You have to keep the device on the activated line with Amazon. A while ago I shot them an email asking if they did it and they said:

By accepting the equipment discount, you agree that for a period of 181 days after your new equipment is activated, you will not:

So since my wife and I have been out of phase for years (take each others upgrades), I assume that buying from Amazon is not a consideration for us???

merlin4979

Reaction score
Just ordered my new RAZR from Amazon today with free 2-day shipping. dancedroid

Did the same thing two years ago with my original Droid without any problems. They were substantially cheaper than anyone else out there, and the physical stores couldn't touch the price.

OP
audioman42

audioman42

Reaction score
I think y'all missed the point of my original post. I know I will be able to buy it from Amazon & I know I have to keep it activated, but will they have it for sale when everyone else does on the 15th (or whenever it drops)? Or, do you usually have to wait a week or two after the release for Amazon to get it in stock?

Thanks

DudeTotally

Reaction score
I think y'all missed the point of my original post. I know I will be able to buy it from Amazon & I know I have to keep it activated, but will they have it for sale when everyone else does on the 15th (or whenever it drops)? Or, do you usually have to wait a week or two after the release for Amazon to get it in stock?
Thanks
Yes!!! i think!!!! ===>:)

Newps

Reaction score

No, that's not correct. A month ago i ordered a RAZR from Amazon and did it with my wifes upgrade(the only one we had). As soon as the phone got here I called Verizon and had it reprogrammed for my number. Didn't like phone so sent it back. Amazon says to expect credit within a couple weeks. I got mine the same day the phone got back to them. Got the full $229 back.

OP
audioman42

audioman42

Reaction score
Soooooo I'm guessing I will be able to buy a nexus from amazon on the release date (15th)?