Buy Android apps with no credit card required? Google says yes!

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
then im completely fine with it. thanks for that tidbit

however i could see AT&T putting restrictions on its Android users (if it's even legal), by forcing them to buy apps thru AT&T. we'll see....

im good, i got the moto droid. isnt there only one android at&t phone?

hehe. no.

Captivate, Backflip, and Aria (and soon-to-be Dell Streak) are the popular ones off the top of my head

Nibbz

Reaction score
i thought they only had the aria. so basically they have mediocre android handsets

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i thought they only had the aria. so basically they have mediocre android handsets

this is going way off-topic, but the captivate and streak aren't mediocre. they're top-of-the-line. :)

Nibbz

Reaction score
i was about to come back and edit that post haha. just took a look at android on at&t, looks promising, but I dont think they'll take too many iPhone users. anyways back on topic, I'll be continuing to use google checkout. easy as hell, all it takes is mepushing a button that says buy and then the price, not too difficult to buy. easy to me, i'll stick to it.

nothing0

Reaction score
This is a terrible idea. Why would verizon do this unless they add a surcharge? I will stick with google checkout.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is a terrible idea. Why would verizon do this unless they add a surcharge? I will stick with google checkout.

Terrible? No way.. it just leaves more options for the consumers. I never had a problem when buying apps before on my voyager thru verizon and its one less credit card floating around on the internet.

vzwtek

Reaction score
I'm sure there are going to be people who try to pull the bait and switch on Verizon with app purchases. But the reality is I'm sure that you will have to sign up for the service and agree to some kind of terms and conditions. (Which of course are never absolute.) And you will have a number of yes or no screens till you can purchase the App.
I still like it going to a credit card. Makes it easy to refund purchases.
Rather than having to get a carrier involved, (good luck with that).

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm sure there are going to be people who try to pull the bait and switch on Verizon with app purchases. But the reality is I'm sure that you will have to sign up for the service and agree to some kind of terms and conditions. (Which of course are never absolute.) And you will have a number of yes or no screens till you can purchase the App.
I still like it going to a credit card. Makes it easy to refund purchases.
Rather than having to get a carrier involved, (good luck with that).

Ive actually returned games to vzw when on lg voyager, just called them up and they credited my acct. Took 2 mins.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm doing it the same way. Google checkout.

Why would PayPal even be allowed in, that's competition isn't it?

But Visa and Master Card live together so I don't know.

Lucas5

Reaction score
depending on how you get billed or how you pay your cell phone bill, this might be a more secure method to pay for apps in the market. if a suspicious market purchase shows up on your cell phone bill, you might be able to dispute it before you actually hand over the money. when using the old way of having your credit card charged than it might be harder to get your money back for a fraudulent market purchase.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
as long as i can still do google checkout i dont care...i'd rather just have the money taken out of my account instead of being billed to my wireless acct...i know, i know it's still my money and i'm still paying for it, but just personal preference i guess haha

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzwtek;668220I still like it going to a credit card. Makes it easy to refund purchases. Rather than having to get a carrier involved said:
Ive actually returned games to vzw when on lg voyager, just called them up and they credited my acct. Took 2 mins.

Speaking of refunds, would that mean I could get one after 24 hours by calling CS?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would stick with G/C also, my phone bill seems like it is enough as it is, even though it would all add up the same in the end, Google as a third party provider makes it seem a little bit better