Buttons on the bottom of my phone no longer light up

89foxrod

Reaction score
Buttons on the bottom no longer light but they still function perfectly fine wandering if there was a setting that I accidentally changed or if I should return to Verizon

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

masfet

Reaction score
Button LEDs will operate according to the light sensor profile. Try to check the lights in the dark.

exmeaguy

Reaction score
I have had the Tbolt for a week now, and I do not recall ever seeing the buttons light up. Can someone actually verify that they do?

I don't see anything on the phone for a light profile. Are you talking about dimming?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had the Tbolt for a week now, and I do not recall ever seeing the buttons light up. Can someone actually verify that they do?

I don't see anything on the phone for a light profile. Are you talking about dimming?

I don't even have one and I can verify they do.;)

They are light sensitive. They won't light up in bright light. Try hitting the top button and sweep back in. Assuming there is a top button on that phone.

Every once in a while they seem to malfunction on both of my Droids, but I can always get it turned back on.

Tuvor

Reaction score
Buttons on the bottom no longer light but they still function perfectly fine wandering if there was a setting that I accidentally changed or if I should return to Verizon

There is an issue that arrises when Docked. The clock screen saver activates and disables the buttons.
Rebooting the phone will bring them back
But should we really need to boot the phone every time you place it on the charger?
is there any way to reactivate the button light without rebooting the phone?

thelopenator

Reaction score
Mine lights up all the time.but I like it that way

Sent from my phone.

george50

Reaction score

There is an issue that arrises when Docked. The clock screen saver activates and disables the buttons.
Rebooting the phone will bring them back
But should we really need to boot the phone every time you place it on the charger?
is there any way to reactivate the button light without rebooting the phone?

Definitely not a very elegant solution to reboot every morning after I undock my TBolt from the desk dock....

HTCBOLT88

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Because once I take it off the dock and restart it, I have used almost 10% of my battery life and would just put it on the dock again. So if I do root my phone, how do I get the buttons to work after it has come off the desk dock without restarting my phone?

george50

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Because once I take it off the dock and restart it, I have used almost 10% of my battery life and would just put it on the dock again. So if I do root my phone, how do I get the buttons to work after it has come off the desk dock without restarting my phone?

WORKAROUND: I installed the Genius App, you need to google it, the Genius app is the google clock and weather app that is used on the Droid X, once you install it anytime you dock it comes up, and no more problem with buttons.