Back light under hard menu buttons has mind of it's own

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Tech Support' started by evereddie, Apr 3, 2011.

1. evereddie

evereddie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The lights under the menu buttons at the bottom of the phone doesn't make sense. It comes on in a dim environment but when too much light gets on the phone it turns off. I need it more when there is too much ambient light. If I hold my hand over the top of the phone it will come on but otherwise it goes off. I find myself hitting where I think the button is not by seeing it. Is this normal? Anyway to change?

2. stuigi

stuigi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The second day I had my TB, I thought it was defective. I went to my VZ store and after checking numerous TB's they all acted the same way. Maybe somewhere down the line there will be an adjustment setting for it. I find it also annoying at times but as you said, I have learned where the buttons are and can usually hit them right on

3. FyrJammer

FyrJammer Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Suppose to work that way

I would be thrilled if my D2 would do that. It's suppose to light in the dark and off in bright light. Mine won't light at all. Or it will light when it feels like it. I was hoping someone (kejar,jrummy,koush) would something in the tool apps for this issue.

4. sweenbeen

sweenbeen Member

Ratings:
    +4
    On my DroidX the home key now flickers... not sure wtf is up.... Damn gingerbread update

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

5. sweenbeen

sweenbeen Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh so now my menu key doesn't work and my phone only boots safe mode

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

6. Nyobie

Nyobie Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I've had my phone for a week and a half and had the backlighting on the buttons disappear for the first few days of ownership. I quickly hopped online only to find that others were complaining about the same thing, but so far, nobody had posted a fix.

Hopefully what worked for me, will work for you as well. I was able to fix the issue by disabling Task Killer from the Android Market. I believe the 'Build Ignore List' feature within Task Killer doesn't include the back lighting task so my setting of Aggressive was killing the lighting task while the phone was shut off (this is another setting I was using is to kill tasks when screen is off).

It's been 3 days and several power cycles and the buttons still work. I wrote to the Task Killer developer to let him know what I found and I'm hoping there will be a fix. Good luck!!

Update: lighting went out again at the end of the day on day 5. I Rerbooted the phone in a dark room and the lighting came back on. Very strange...

#6 Nyobie, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  7. FyrJammer

FyrJammer Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I would try that, except, I don't use task killers. It may be with the programming for the soft keys, but hopefully it will get fixed. Meanwhile I got the Bionic, maybe too soon because now I want the RAZR. :)

8. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    These lights are controlled by a light sensor, in the bionic they are near the top - my guess is they are in the same area on the TB

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

9. FyrJammer

FyrJammer Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Oh, no. My previous issue was with the Droid 2, but that would make sense. I'll have to play around with the brightness control. May only work in auto-bright. No issues (yet) with the Bionic.

Search tags for this page

back button light on

home and menu light wont go off imspire

how do i make my htc inspire buttons to glow
how to make the bottom keys on the htc inspire brighter
how to turn homekey lights on my htc inspire

htc inspire buttons dont light up

htc inspire soft keys no light
htc inspire wont turn on bright light
htc thunderbolt backlight
why won't the home button light up on my htc inspire