Buttons at bottom of screen, Lighted?

wildman

Reaction score
The 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen, what determines when they are lighted? some times mine light up, but most of the time they are not. I have looked in the settings, but can not find any setting that controles them.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Luck controls those buttons lol. They seem to light up when you unlock the phone and when the light sensor determines there's not enough light to see them naturally.

cadre.9

Reaction score
I've been told it's based on the lighting in your environment, meaning the buttons should glow in a darkened room, but that's not the case with my DX. The buttons seem to glow randomly. And there is no setting.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jeffe65

Reaction score
The light sensor is on the upper left on the front of your phone (across from the front camera). If you cover that part of the phone, they will usually light up again, even in bright light. I've got to where I'm not as picky about finding them when they're hidden; they seem to respond just fine as long as I touch the general area for the one I want.

garnet&gold

Reaction score
I read in another post and it seems to be correct, that if you cup your hand at the top the will come back on at least until you move your hand.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
I wish there was some sorta setting for the lighting on the buttons..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Yeah, glad they are not hyper sensitive cause it is a crapshoot if they come on or not.:blink:

GustavMahler

Reaction score
For me this is a big problem. Everything on this phone is great for me, but I am always guessing at the buttons at the bottom. The light sensor is not correctly calibrated. Why not? Basically the lights come on when I am not using the phone and they fail to come on when I need them to. I would just like the lights on all the time when I am using the phone and they can turn off when I am not.
P.S. I am no expert in phones, I came from the 1st Droid and I am extremely happy.

gvovermyer

Reaction score
A tiny piece of black electrical tape over the light sensor right at the top of the V in the Verizon logo will force the lights on whenever the screen is on.