BUMP for Android

Stigy

Reaction score
Check out this awesome application that was released for Android tonight.

BumpTM makes swapping contact information and photos as simple as bumping two phones together. No typing, no searching a list for the right person, no shaking your phone, no modem noises, no mistakes.

Contact information is saved directly into your address book, and photos are saved directly to your camera roll. Perfect for exchanging virtual business or just exchanging information with friends.

1) Open BumpTM on both phones
2) While holding the phones, gently bump your hands together
3) Confirm the exchange

[video=youtube;kCJ5dyNDfkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCJ5dyNDfkE[/video]

Bump v1.02 Application for Android | Social

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
dude nice find!!

thanks for posting this.....

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had this on my iPod touch 3g and it worked great with other ipods and iPhones. I wonder if bump will work with cross platforms, such as from a Droid to an iPhone.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Thats amazing.. an iphone friend sent it to me..I sent a email to them asking if they were going to port it...
And here it is! Thanks for the heads up!

adam8ch

Reaction score
Does this work w/ different phones. Like Droid <-> Iphone?

brianr0131

Reaction score
What are the odds that someone you don't already know has this installed when you meet them?

Neat but kinda woorthless for the most part.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What are the odds that someone you don't already know has this installed when you meet them?

comes in handy in nighclubs, lounges and the grocery store : )

brianr0131

Reaction score

comes in handy in nighclubs, lounges and the grocery store : )

assuming the other party has it installed as well. I guess the idea is really cool it's just not very practical for anyone not on a college campus

Jef

Reaction score
From the BumpTechnologies.com FAQ:

Q: Cool, but doesn't this only work between two iPhones?
A: So far, we've only released BumpTM for iPhone and iPod Touch, yes. But we are working to bring BumpTM to many other platforms in the near future. Today, there are several other phones that include the sensors that BumpTM needs to feel bumps, but in the next few years, the vast majority of new phones will have these sensors. We plan to offer BumpTM on all of them, and BumpTM will work between any two of them.

Reaction score
my bro and i just tried it, we both have droids, and it is a really cool piece of software, idk how useful it will be. we had to load the app, open it, then wait for it to be ready, and we have to have gps active on both our phones. then we bumped, which didnt work on the first try, and on the second we actually hit out two phones by the corners. then once it worked, it loaded for like 3 secs, asked if i wanted to connect to "blah ba blah", i said yes, then there was 3 more secs of loading, then finally the data transfered. it took more time then "hey whats your number? k ill call you so u have mine" done.

OP
Stigy

Stigy

Reaction score
my bro and i just tried it, we both have droids, and it is a really cool piece of software, idk how useful it will be. we had to load the app, open it, then wait for it to be ready, and we have to have gps active on both our phones. then we bumped, which didnt work on the first try, and on the second we actually hit out two phones by the corners. then once it worked, it loaded for like 3 secs, asked if i wanted to connect to "blah ba blah", i said yes, then there was 3 more secs of loading, then finally the data transfered. it took more time then "hey whats your number? k ill call you so u have mine" done.
But think how useful it would be in a LOUD nightclub or conference where you can barely hear the person.

Just bust out your phone, show them bump and transfer contact information.

Its an awesome proof of concept if nothing else.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just tried with an IPhone 3gs here :). It didn't find eachother. Reading the email. It looks like that will work one day (between platforms). Very kewl stuff and a nice find :icon_ banana:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
yes supposedly it will work across both platforms...so you can bump an iPhone user and it SHOULD work. I see that it didn't work for you though Miami : )

Interesting to see other people report in about it.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes supposedly it will work across both platforms...so you can bump an iPhone user and it SHOULD work. I see that it didn't work for you though Miami : )

Interesting to see other people report in about it.

I tried it 4 times now. I tries but doesn't find the IPhone yet. I am watching this one closely also.