CONTACTS program that includes Photo ID, custom ringtones...

image911

Reaction score
Greetings. I am a recent convert from a Samsung Omnia i910/Windows Mobile 6.5.3 device, upon which - we had a wonderful Contacts application - that permitted individual ring tone assignment, and photo ID when a phone call, text or email arrived. As advanced as the Android seems to be - it lacks in this one area (or so I've discovered). Does anyone have information to the contrary? And, if so - would you know where to acquire the program/application? I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention to this matter.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Hellow and welcome, some good news for you is that what you're looking for is built in.

Open contacts, pick a contact, hit options, then ringtone. Pick any ringtone you have.

You can add ringtones using any ringtone app you like or make your own and copy them from your computer, and there are even apps to make ringtones directly on a Droid.

For pictures, same thing, built in. Open the contact, click on the grey picture frame at the top of the contact screen, pick a picture.

You can easily move stuff you've got on your computer with the USB cable.

jbsangel

Reaction score
When you open the contact, you have to press the menu soft key, and then options from the on-screen menu.

governmentslave

Reaction score
@image911 - I, too, left the Omnia world and went to the Droid side. I am very happy with the way Gmail works on this device. You will also be happy with it. It is more stable than the Winmo devices could ever hope to be. I keep finding new ways that the contact information can be manipulated. Enjoy! :icon_ banana:

Last edited: