Bug Fixes After FRG22D

dreamtheater993

Reaction score
I am still getting a lot of redraws and lag since I have gotten Froyo. I thought FRG22D would maybe have some bug fixes in it, but it did not. Do I have to wait until 2.3 or some next big update for my phone to get fixed? Have any of you heard any word about an update to fix these issues? Thanks.

Buckweat

Reaction score
Same here. If I slide the phone open, there is a lag of about five seconds before the home screen display shows the apps; this also happens when I switch the phones orientation. I had this issue before with the first update prior FRG22D. Thought it would be addressed. No word about this? I cant be the only one.

jebbunks

Reaction score
I've seen MANY threads on this topic. I'll say I agree with the suggestions of getting LauncherPro from the market installed. You'll love it, then you'll buy it for $3. It destroys the redraw problem, and the widgets are absolutely phenomenal. Facebook is actually useful again... contacts and calendar also vastly improved.

That's the easiest way to kill the redraw problem... though after listening to the voices and getting LPP, I'm seriously thinking about rooting dancedroid because it is seriously like having a new phone, and now I love my phone again.

HarshReality

Reaction score
I've seen MANY threads on this topic. I'll say I agree with the suggestions of getting LauncherPro from the market installed. You'll love it, then you'll buy it for $3. It destroys the redraw problem, and the widgets are absolutely phenomenal. Facebook is actually useful again... contacts and calendar also vastly improved.

That's the easiest way to kill the redraw problem... though after listening to the voices and getting LPP, I'm seriously thinking about rooting dancedroid because it is seriously like having a new phone, and now I love my phone again.

Agreed. I bought it after trying the free version and havent looked back!

Buckweat

Reaction score
Its a very nice and pretty app but this doesnt really fix the problem. I shouldnt have to d/l another app to counter googles incompetence.

The point of the latest frg22d update was to be the milk and honey of updates, to truly have the phone running at full capability; flash, five home screens yada yada yada...

Im very disappointed. Im starting to lose faith in googles programing skills. Hopefully there will be ANOTHER mini update???

I use the keyboard all the time and this 5 seconds lag after sliding the phone open really ticks me off. I like to work fast and efficient.

Hope youre listening google!

jebbunks

Reaction score
Yes, it does fix the problem. There is no lag when I close my phone. Should I have to download it? No. Does my phone work better than before even if there were no lag on the stock home screen? Yes. Oh and there are 7 home screens :)

ShellyDirects

Reaction score
My home screen won't re-orient to landscape. Anyone else have this problem? Other apps on phone do re-orient to landscape.
That, and the lag problem just started happening.
Ideas? Thanks.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
My home screen won't re-orient to landscape. Anyone else have this problem? Other apps on phone do re-orient to landscape.
That, and the lag problem just started happening.
Ideas? Thanks.

Is this just when turning the phone or when opening the keyboard. Stock has never changed to landscape when opening the phone, just when sliding out the keyboard.