**Browser Connection Issues**

perfection

Reaction score
So they sent me a replacement phone after we could not figure out why the first one could not get a good signal.. However got it yesterday and fired it up to get the same results..

The problem area is here @ work in the building.. Browser is super slow and in turn can't even listen to iHeart Radio without constant cutting in and out.. Heres the kicker.. I am coming over to the X from a BlackBerry Tour.. Never had any issues what so ever with getting a good enough signal while at work..

I installed the App Killer last night to see if that would help and it did not..

One thing I noticed this AM was I started iHeart before I left the house for work and it worked flawless.. Even after I got to work inside the building.. Than the wife called and interupted it.. Since than has not been right no matter how many times I shut it down and reestart..

If I can't get this App to work I am going to have to go back to the BB..

Thoughts???

John

brian4120

Reaction score
I too have been getting occasional problems with connection in browser/market/facebook... Strange thing is that it happened at least once with WiFi on...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The droid X had a problem with connecting to WEP (wifi), but I thought it was ironed out with the latest update...maybe not completely.

brian4120

Reaction score
The droid X had a problem with connecting to WEP (wifi), but I thought it was ironed out with the latest update...maybe not completely.
According to the about phone page, I am running 2.1-update1

OP
P

perfection

Reaction score
How many bars do you have in there?

I run on average 2 bars under the 1X banner than it will drop to 1 bar.. Than it will go up to 2 or 3 bars 3G.. It is constantly all over the place..

OP
P

perfection

Reaction score
Perfect example is just right now where I am sitting.. When I sent the message above I had 2 bars 3G.. Than it went down to 2 bars 1X than to 3G no bars.. Hmmmm..

fishstick600

Reaction score
I just stares having that problem about a day ago. My 3g will stop working and then my antenna gets the line through it and re connects. Anyone else having this problem with the X?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Perfect example is just right now where I am sitting.. When I sent the message above I had 2 bars 3G.. Than it went down to 2 bars 1X than to 3G no bars.. Hmmmm..

Certainly sounds like the reception isn't great in there, especially if it is skipping between 1X and 3G. If your phone operates OK elsewhere, the only thing I can suggest is to get a "repeater" or whatever they're called from VZ.

fishstick600

Reaction score
Generally my connection ia great and it only started doing this two days ago. (Edit thought the reply above was aimed to me)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Generally my connection ia great and it only started doing this two days ago. (Edit thought the reply above was aimed to me)

I don't know why this would start happening all of a sudden. Have you installed any strange new apps...task killer, locale, antivirus? You might want to restart the phone in safe mode and see if it still does it.

Other than that, maybe your phone is crapping out.

fishstick600

Reaction score
No new weird apps. I don't use task killers or anti virus program. I've read about it happening to other people too so i wonder if its an issue with the power manager in the android os