Brightness adjust.

DroidBO

Reaction score
First post here,
Just got my DX Satuday.(First droid, Came over from BB) updated to 2.2 right away. Phone seems to work great have not noticed any problem with anything, except I can not adjust the brightness. also, auto adjust does not seem to do anything. the screen is bright and clear, but wanted to turn it down to save batt life as mentioned in the tips and tricks.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
First post here,
Just got my DX Satuday.(First droid, Came over from BB) updated to 2.2 right away. Phone seems to work great have not noticed any problem with anything, except I can not adjust the brightness. also, auto adjust does not seem to do anything. the screen is bright and clear, but wanted to turn it down to save batt life as mentioned in the tips and tricks.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

go into settings - display - brightness - switch it from auto to manual, change the brightness to anything, switch it back to auto. Sometimes the sensor gets stuck. Its the same on the BB, it auto adjusts to the ambient light.

OP
D

DroidBO

Reaction score
It won't adjust in manual either. I can move the slider from one end to the other and the brightness does not adjust

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
It won't adjust in manual either. I can move the slider from one end to the other and the brightness does not adjust

Err thats weird, did you try to reboot the phone? Also try to pull the battery for 30 seconds. Do you have any "power manager" apps installed?

OP
D

DroidBO

Reaction score
Tried both and nothing. that is literaly the only thing I can find wrong with the phone. I want it fixed, but on the other hand, if I take it to the store and they reflash 2.2 or give me a new phone, and then have more or other problems I wont be happy! Any other ideas out there?
Thanks Again

BigDaddyNYY

Reaction score
Have you tried the Power Control widget under Android Widgets, I have added that one to my one of my home screens and it has a toggle for display brightness. I know that you have tried the Brightness settings already, but thought this may provide a work around, and the power control provides quick access to toggle most of the settings (WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth, auto sync and display brightness) in one location. I find it especially useful as I keep my display turned all the way down, but when I use the phone is sunlight, this widget makes it easier than trying to navigate menus when the screen is hard to see because of the sun.

Hope this helps,

OP
D

DroidBO

Reaction score
Yeah, Actully that is how I found the problem. Thanks, gonna take to the verizon store. see what they can come up with.

OP
D

DroidBO

Reaction score
They Gave me a new phone.
Thanks everyone for the help