NEW and need LG Vortex KINDLE brightness setting help!!! Please!!!

hautaus

Reaction score
First of all, my name is Stephani, I'm new here, and I apologize if I'm an idiot (I'm not super tech savvy)

that said...

I just got an LG vortex phone, and put some free kindle books on, tired to read, and decided to adjust the font and brightness setting (within the kindle app, with a book open). I put it on dark background with white text setting and then turned the brightness down. Well, apparently you can turn the brightness down ALL THE WAY and now the screen when I open a book on kindle on my LG vortex is PITCH BLACK, and for all books. Screen is fine and easy to see as soon as I hit the back or homepage buttons, but I cannot read any books now b/c it is absolutely black (tired going into a small, windowless room with closed door, no light, and still the screen is black, can't see anything). Since I can't see, I can't re-adjust the brightness back to normal. ANY SUGGESTIONS!?!??!?! OR even a picture step by step of how to adjust the brightness with an open book and maybe I can approximately blindly on mine to adjust it?????

Any suggestions help will be MUCH appreciated!!!!!
Thank you

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum Stephanie!

I am not familiar with your device but we do have a section for the Vortex on our sister site... LG Android Phones

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry you are having issues and I am not familiar with the Kindle app, have never used it. I might have something to try though. Since it sounds like the settings you changed were within the Kindle app, trying clearing data/settings on it.

Go into Settings > Apps (or manage apps, something along those lines) > All > Kindle and then click on it. When in there look for an option to "Clear Data," try it see what happens.

OP
H

hautaus

Reaction score
Thanks JSM9872! That seems to have fixed it!