Bricked Droid Razr XT890

snowbirddd

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently tried to root my Droid Razr Xt890 but something went very wrong.. At first I could still get into the fastboot mode, but then I tried flashing the fastboot files needed for recovery through RSD, but it got stuck at "please manually power up this phone." But when I try that, the little green light on the phone turns on but the screen does not..

I asked in the XDA forums and they sent me here, here's the thread for better details: Error during rooting process - xda-developers

Thanks! :D

EDIT: a screenshot of the RSD window, which I currently still have open..

qzhj6g.jpg

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Pull the battery or if there is a non remove able battery then hold power + volume down for at least 10 seconds. Then get into stock recovery and wipe data/factory reset. See if that helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
S

snowbirddd

Reaction score
Pull the battery or if there is a non remove able battery then hold power + volume down for at least 10 seconds. Then get into stock recovery and wipe data/factory reset. See if that helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

its a nonremovable battery, and i cant get into fastboot because the screen wont turn on..

i noticed in the RSD window in the 'phone model' thing it says some other name, but where i downloaded it from it said razr i..

OP
S

snowbirddd

Reaction score
Can I just turn off the RSD and turn it on again and it will recognize my phone when I plug it in? Because I can't get into fastboot mode nor will the screen turn on and I just flashed those files in the picture up there to my phone which might possibly be for another phone..

Could it be that my phone is now bricked for good or could there possibly be a way to save it? :O

EDIT: Also, when I plug the phone into the computer via USB, the sound that the computer makes is not the one it usually makes when something connects, it sounds kind of like a corrupted version of the normal one..

Last edited:

Tristhar

Reaction score
Some news?

Really, nobody? D:

Hi Snowbirddd!

So... some news? I got stuck at the same point of you... i am almost thinking that the only way will be a technical assistance.
I saw that it all happened to you at the beggining of the year, so i guess that now you have already your razr workink... what do you did?

Thanks!