Bricked Droid RAZR. Help!

BlueSun

Reaction score
(Verizon Droid RAZR JB 4.1.2 rooted). Failed install of CM 10.1. All I get when I try a standard boot or booting to recovery (power/up/down) is the red and white M icon and then nothing. I do not get to the recovery menu.

Is there any way I can unbrick the phone using a PC app (like RSALite or any of the Android SDK apps like fastboot or adb), or is it a paperweight?

comk4ver

Reaction score
Did you manage to flash any recovery? Did you make a backup?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

OP
BlueSun

BlueSun

Reaction score
Re: Bricked Droid RAZR, Help!

Did you manage to flash any recovery? Did you make a backup?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the comeback, comk4ver.

Remember, all I can get now is the start of the boot cycle, with the Motorola M logo before the phone goes blank. Whether I simply power on, try a two-button reset, or a three-button boot into recovery, that's as far as it gets.

I have a backup and recovery (I use Titanium and Clockwork Mod) on the phone - but can't get at it. I have nothing "off-phone." All I want to do now is to unbrick the phone for a limited period of time (There's a Samsung Galaxy S4 in my near future). I just need to be able to flash a stock rom from my PC using either RSDLite or the Android SDK (if the phone will even recognize it). I need to initiate any "recovery" from the PC with a stock rom.

Right now, of the three new drives that open up when I patch the phone into a PC, only the MotoCast one is readable. The other two, including the one with the file structure, merely report back "insert disk into drive x" when I try to open them. I'm just interested at this point in getting the phone working so I can make and receive calls for a couple of weeks. My previous phone, a Droid Bionic, is being used by my wife, but, in extremis, I can take an old HTC Eris down to VZW and have it replace the RAZR for a few weeks. I'd rather gain access to the RAZR, however. :censored:

Update: both fastboot and adb show "waiting for device" message so they can't see the phone. The same is true for RSDLite. I am well and truly bricked.