Brand-new DROID RAZR MAXX screen

HennDrew

Reaction score
Hey,

I got my DROID RAZR MAXX on Tuesday after a friend ruined my iPhone 4S. Glad to say that this is a major improvement.

Anyway, I use a ZAGG screen protector on all of my tech stuff and OtterBox cases for all handhelds. I notice that if I take a dark picture or am on a dark screen, there are little black bubble and lines a tad darker than the lit screen. No one has been able to see them as easily as I can.

Could it be the screen protector or is it possibly the screen?

Thanks!

Andrew

OnlyStrife

Reaction score
You, HennDrew, are not crazy, and it is NOT a screen protector issue. I'm on my 3rd Razr Maxx now because I exchanged the first two for this very same issue, and I never

The first one had a two large slashes across the screen that were very visible in low lighting with low backlight.
The second one had many very small dots and a few small slashes.
The third one has a bunch of very large dots.

My coworker, who is somehow more of a geek than I am, also has a Razr Maxx. His thought process is that the spots are glue that hasn't dried yet and is therefore showing up in low light. I tested his Maxx and discovered the same issue with his though it was drastically less noticeable.

Here's my thought: Does it adversely affect the phone usage? No. Does it adversely affect the user experience? Yes, very much so. It bothers me. I had a Samsung Fascinate with a picture perfect screen. Why can't I ask the same for the phone I just paid $300 for?

I'm going to keep pursuing replacements until I'm happy and have a phone free of imperfections, because that's what I paid for. And I'm not settling for refurbished garbage either.

If others would like to test this, open up an app that has a backlit screen with little to nothing actually on the screen itself. Apps like Gentle Alarm (Trial) have a night mode that keeps the screen backlight on but with a completely blank screen. It's also possible to see it with apps like TeslaLED or others that have a portion of the screen black, though it's easier to use programs like Gentle Alarm.

I hope this helps, and I'll update with the status from when I call Verizon (and eventually talk to Motorola as well... :mad: ).