Droid Razr Maxx - Screen will not turn on

popo127

Reaction score
My droid razr maxx has been acting crazy recently, it got stuck in a boot loop for no reason and phone worked fine. Now the screen will not turn on. The phone is still responsive, it turns on and i can manipulate the touch screen (it vibrates when I slide to unlock), it just doesnt show anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
P

popo127

Reaction score
Used sdk to force recovery. Screen works now.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sorry there were no replies to your issue (I am just seeing this now), but I am glad that you were able to work it out. I would suggest that you wipe the cache if you haven't done so already. Other than that it seems you're in good shape.

OP
P

popo127

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, what is the best way to wipe the cache?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wiping the cache can be accomplished from the Recovery menu. To get there;

• Press and hold the power button, then choose "Power off", or you can force a "battery pull" by pressing and holding both the Power and Volume Down for 10 seconds.
  • Once the phone shuts off (vibrate, and then screen goes black), press and hold ALL THREE BUTTONS, the Power, and BOTH Volume Up and Volume Down. The phone will wake into the Boot Mode Selection Menu (white text, black background), and the first item on the menu will be highlighted.
  • Hit the Volume Down (carefully only hit it once), which will highlight "Recovery". If you skip past it, keep pressing DOWN, and the highlight will go to the bottom and start back up top. DO NOT hit the Volume UP UNTIL you are on the desired menu selection.
  • Then hit the Volume UP (NOT POWER BUTTON) to select.
  • The screen will go black, then you'll see the Motorola red M logo, then it'll go black again. Eventually you'll see an Android on its back with belly open and a red exclamation point.
  • Press both Volume Up and Down at the same time, and you'll come to a menu that provides several choices. One of those choices is "wipe cache partition".
  • Use the Volume buttons (up or down) to cursor to and highlight "wipe cache partition".
  • Then hit the POWER button to select. It will perform the wipe, then show "Cache wipe complete" and the cursor will be back on "reboot system now".
  • Press POWER and the phone will reboot.
You're done.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow.. I too am sorry :blink: how did this slip by??? Glad you have it handled..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
P

popo127

Reaction score
screen doesnt work again, did a factory reset, still doesnt work.

any ideas?