Bought a droid 4 today - should i return it- please answer asap!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thank you on the kudos... this forum is a great community of wonderful people, imho! Yes, if you definitely tend to drop things, once or twice, then definitely protect it. My son is brutal on his gadgets (as in drops, sat on, couch buried, lost, etc.) He actually has only had a gel case and screen protectors on his phones and they have done really well. He currently has the Droid Charge and although that is a much more sturdy phone, I am still surprised it looks new. The cases at the store work well but usually cost a lot more money. I always look on amazon because you can get great cases for next to nothing. The otterbox cases are condsidered to offer the best protection and most people swear by them. Just some thoughts while you wait for your phone.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
To add my two cents about cases, i got a Seidio Active, and i love it. I personally like it a lot better than otterbox, as the hard outer shell has just enough rubberyness and flex to make it easier to hold and comfortable. I thought the otterbox's outer shell was too hard and plasticy smooth. Everyone has their own preference, though.

Sent from my ICS Bionic

Reaction score
I would get rid of the 4 for the razr. The DROID razr is getting jelly bean. Since it did so well. So if you want better get the droid razr

OP
L

la1481

Reaction score
Yeah this is a great site. I'm scoping out cases online- also considering the one at verizon when i go there. Currently phoneless as the samsung galaxy s3 is being shipped here they said either thurs or friday. Never had a phone for less than a day so it's hard.... Again my main reason for the droid 4 was the keyboard but i found it just as easy to type on the screen than with the new keyboard (the placement felt weird to me and i was mistyping everything - compared to my droid 1 bubbled up keyboard) I'm happy with choosing the s3 over the 4 as my phone for the next two years.. Who knows maybe something in a year or so will come out and just make me buy it retail - but i doubt it as it's awfully expensive to do so

YoungRED

Reaction score
please help

i lread ran a jb alpha on this phone... its just a couple steps away from getting it in cm10... plus i got a nice ics rom...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/219332-rom-port-eclipse-ics-1-2-a-2.html#post2219413 there are instructions there how to update it from 2.3 to 4.0.4

hi my fishbear im a tech when it come to computers and most electronics but i have a problem i stupidly deleted the stock messaging app for my droid 4 and the reason being i loved the eclipse of yours so much that i was like forget the ota updates I don't care about them i usually dont have time to do rom changes and stuff like that either but anyways i think i have the files because i got the dump files of a d4 i just need step by step instructions on what and how to add them back to the system because when i tried adding them they like parsing error so i was like probably need to be in root so i go there abd try to do still get that so i ask you please if you got time help me out and i don't have root-explorer so if u do decide to help could you get me a way to do it with a free one like it

snowman

Reaction score
to orginal poster
take it back I'm on 4th wish I could have gotten the Samsung S3
the warranty will ru out and I'll be back on my old D-1 till my contract is up
D-4 is junk warmed over