Bootstrap and Safestrap are getting superuser permissions denied no matter what?

coolbeans777

Reaction score
I'm trying to get Bootstrap recovery. I followed the instruction for Bootstrap Recovery, but when I clicked it, it got denied permissions. Even though superuser is set to prompt for permissions. Then I tried to automatically allow superuser permissions, and it still got denied permissions. Safestrap gives a message that it was denied permissions and just crashes, what do?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You did root the phone first, right? Without root, the su binary will never have permission to run. Superuser.apk only keeps track of per app permissions, the su binary still needs to have sufficient rights in order to work.

OP
coolbeans777

coolbeans777

Reaction score
You did root the phone first, right? Without root, the su binary will never have permission to run. Superuser.apk only keeps track of per app permissions, the su binary still needs to have sufficient rights in order to work.

yup, it's rooted

OP
coolbeans777

coolbeans777

Reaction score
Maybe it's not working because of the recent update? I know I shouldn't have updated it, but it's too late now I guess.

IO693

Reaction score
905 update

Maybe it's not working because of the recent update? I know I shouldn't have updated it, but it's too late now I guess.
If the update you refer to is the 905 update it deletes root and you will have to re-root it. Run a root checking app and see, I bet this happened to you as it did to me.