Lost Root Permissions

dougd

Reaction score
I recently lost my super user permissions for some unexplained reason. I'm running the following:

Model: Motorola Droid (original)
Firmware: 2.1-update1
Mod Version: JRummy's Remix v0.7 - CyanMod 5.0.6.2

My SuperUser screen is just black, my Titanium Backup says that I don't have permission and when I enter "sa" into the Terminal Window I get the message "permission denied".

Can someone explain how I can gain my root / superuser permissions back?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Doug

OP
D

dougd

Reaction score
I figured that I was behind on stuff, but since I wasn't the one that rooted the phone originally, I wasn't really sure what I should do. Is there a step by step process that you can direct me to that will show me what I need to do to fix my issue?

Thanks,
Doug

ss13

Reaction score
Search these forums, there are plenty of "how to" posts and links to sites with videos and all sorts of stuff.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you're 100% happy with the phone the way it is, have no interest in updating anything else, you can get root access on there with a simple update.zip flash/install. Just follow link 2 in my signature and use the update.zip file MotoCache1 provides. I link to a video in link 1 of my signature as well as provide some other information. Oh, and cookies.

I can provide more help if you require it. :)

Or do as ss13 suggests. There are probably hundreds of how-to threads that are quite current. Personally, I'd want to update my ROM. FroYo is worth the hassle of upgrading. Approximately 2x the speed of the ROM you're on right now.