Bootloops, doesn't stay in recovery, screen skews

bejahu

Reaction score
My Verizon Galaxy Nexus is running CM10. I updated Angry Birds SW last night and then started the rest of my apps to update and started playing. My phone then froze midgame and started bootlooping. The weird thing was the screen that shows the unlock icon under the Google logo was flashing a skewed version of the screen repeatedly, then it would turn off and loop back into it. I am able to get it into recovery but it does the same thing, it will start flashing and then the screen will skew and freeze, only it doesn't automatically turn off and reboot it stays with the skewed screen.

I'm really hoping this is not a hardware issue, I am not up for contract renewal for another year.

Things I did try in recovery mode:
Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik cache
Fix Permissions

Couldn't finish a full data wipe because it freezes each time.

I was thinking of trying to get an update.zip of CM10 and try to install it again.

I should also note I was doing CM Nightlies for a while, I think I was at 10.21.12 or something and then I reverted back to 10.0. I didn't wipe or anything, but it worked fine for a few days before this happened.

Any ideas/suggestions?

OP
B

bejahu

Reaction score
I'm actually getting it replaced under warranty from Verizon.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I'm actually getting it replaced under warranty from Verizon.

That is probably your best bet as it sounds as though you are having hardware problems. It would be one thing if it was only affecting the ROM, but when your recovery and other things are being hit by the problem as well it probably has a good chance to be something that is hardware related.