1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bootloops, doesn't stay in recovery, screen skews

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by bejahu, Nov 30, 2012.

1. bejahu

bejahu New Member

My Verizon Galaxy Nexus is running CM10. I updated Angry Birds SW last night and then started the rest of my apps to update and started playing. My phone then froze midgame and started bootlooping. The weird thing was the screen that shows the unlock icon under the Google logo was flashing a skewed version of the screen repeatedly, then it would turn off and loop back into it. I am able to get it into recovery but it does the same thing, it will start flashing and then the screen will skew and freeze, only it doesn't automatically turn off and reboot it stays with the skewed screen.

I'm really hoping this is not a hardware issue, I am not up for contract renewal for another year.

Things I did try in recovery mode:
    Wipe cache
    Wipe dalvik cache
    Fix Permissions

Couldn't finish a full data wipe because it freezes each time.

I was thinking of trying to get an update.zip of CM10 and try to install it again.

I should also note I was doing CM Nightlies for a while, I think I was at 10.21.12 or something and then I reverted back to 10.0. I didn't wipe or anything, but it worked fine for a few days before this happened.

Any ideas/suggestions?
  2. bejahu

bejahu New Member

I'm actually getting it replaced under warranty from Verizon.
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

That is probably your best bet as it sounds as though you are having hardware problems. It would be one thing if it was only affecting the ROM, but when your recovery and other things are being hit by the problem as well it probably has a good chance to be something that is hardware related.