Booting droid x into recovery.

boostedhonda

Reaction score
I just got my droid x yesterday (already rooted and rom'd) and was wondering what the key combo is to boot the dx into recovery, like how the d1 is power+x. Thanks in advance.

jawonder

Reaction score
I just got my droid x yesterday (already rooted and rom'd) and was wondering what the key combo is to boot the dx into recovery, like how the d1 is power+x. Thanks in advance.

Just download droid x bootstrapper from the market it's a paid app but it's what we Droid X users use to boot into clockwork recovery . Open it you'll see two tabs click the top one and when it says success then click the bottom tab and let it do it's thing you should be in clockwork within a minute . If it's Factory recovery you want to get in then power your phone off then power it on back by holding down the power bottom and the home button at the same time when you see the little Triangle hit the search button then you should be in Factory recovery .

OP
boostedhonda

boostedhonda

Reaction score

Just download droid x bootstrapper from the market it's a paid app but it's what we Droid X users use to boot into clockwork recovery . Open it you'll see two tabs click the top one and when it says success then click the bottom tab and let it do it's thing you should be in clockwork within a minute . If it's Factory recovery you want to get in then power your phone off then power it on back by holding down the power bottom and the home button at the same time when you see the little Triangle hit the search button then you should be in Factory recovery .

yeah i already have bootstrap. I just didnt know if that was the only way to boot in clockwork, because the d1 you just hit power+x to boot in recovery but im guessing you cant just do that with dx since the bootloaders locked, thus the stock recovery image is unable to be written over by clockwork. Thanks anyways though.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's stock recovery and clockwork. You can't flash install zips in stock recovery though.

OP
boostedhonda

boostedhonda

Reaction score
There's stock recovery and clockwork. You can't flash install zips in stock recovery though.

I know this....however that was not my question. I was simply asking if there was a key combo like for the d1 that lets you boot into clockworkmod with a key combo for example power+x for the og droid.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Power and volume down. Release power at m screen and hold volume down til clockwork