New DX

puck3511

Reaction score
Just got my dx yesterdday and flashed rubix today and it is stuck in bootloop. What should i do ? is there a way to boot into recovery like on the D1( power+X) or is there something else i can do? any help would be greatly appreciated

zodder

Reaction score
Since it's a new phone and it sounds like you didn't do a backup or install a bootstrapper, I would flash the stock SBF, install ROM Manager, install bootstrapper, make a nandroid backup and start over again.

** Edit - Root your phone of course after flashing back to the stock SBF

Last edited:
OP
P

puck3511

Reaction score
thanks for the help man...i had one hell of a night LOL...i did have bootstrapp installed and rom manager and i also made 2 backups but i couldnt boot into clockwork recovery(manualy) to restore backups...isnt that what the bootstrap is supposed to do is flash clockwork or do you have to make sure you flash clockwork in rom manager before you do bootstrap...because if i cant boot into recovery like i did with my D1 i wont be flashing any roms because i dont wanna SBF every time it bootloops or something.... any kinda explanation would be GREATLY appreciated.. ..

dubznup421

Reaction score
I had the same problem your having. First off make sure u wipe data/cache, then power on your phone by holding the power button and the home button at the same time. When the triangle appears let go and hit the search button to enter custom recovery. From there you should be able to boot update.zip. lemme know if that works as I am a noob also just did alot of research :)
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App