Boot menu when connecting to charger ? (Bionic newbie)

dabsr

Reaction score
Hello all ... im a former Blackberry user coming to the Droid side ... JUST bought a Motorola Droid Bionic 5 days ago ... lots of highs and lows in this short amount of time and today's issue has prompted me to join this very useful forum.

I just recieved my Case Mate Tough case .. put the phone in the 2 part set .. while the phone was off, I tried connecting to charge it with the stock USB cable and stock charging base and I got a boot menu .. not once, not twice but 3 times
Removed it from the case and it started up fine .. put it back in the case, same problem

any help would be much appreciated

:blink:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like your case isn't fitting well, and is pressing on your volume buttons when in place. This menu is normally invoked by holding down both volume up and volume down, while powering on the device.

OP
D

dabsr

Reaction score
I figured it was something like that .. i hope its just because its new (the case) .. thanks Dave

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I figured it was something like that .. i hope its just because its new (the case) .. thanks Dave

It COULD be, but the biggest issue with some of these "rugged" cases - the tolerances are so tight that a tiny manufacturing error can cause problems. I am about 99.995% certain the case is your issue though. The only other thing I can think of is that your volume buttons (BOTH of them) are way more sensitive than typical. Somehow I can't see that being the issue, though.

I'd try a different case if possible.