[BOOT]animation by chkmate...the beginning!!!

Getsome122

Reaction score
What are you using to try to download it? Are you getting a download unsuccessful?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Getsome122

Reaction score
And yes the way you need to install it will be with root explorer.

Copy the zip. Goto system>media> paste it there. Rename bootanimation..zip to. Bak if you want to save it. Or delete it. Then rename the spun bootani to bootanimation.zip and you are done

Reaction score

Copy the zip. Goto system>media> paste it there. Rename bootanimation..zip to. Bak if you want to save it. Or delete it. Then rename the spun bootani to bootanimation.zip and you are done

But the thing is it won't copy to my sdcard it says this device is not working or is unpluged but orbs bootanimations work could you post some up?

Reaction score

But the thing is it won't copy to my sdcard it says this device is not working or is unpluged but orbs bootanimations work could you post some up?

i dont know why it says this any advice?? hmm idk why other bootanimations dont work either i only got one to work but it was trash i put it in the data/local file and it worked but when i go into my sroid x i dont see the system>media> file... hmm and could anyone post some boot animations? and what do i need to change the boot logo??
:motdroidvert:

Getsome122

Reaction score
are you trying to copy from pc to your phone? connect with usb, pull down notification bar and select connection for mass storage device.
also make sure usb debugging is on.

then copy and paste from there should work fine.

if yours is in data/local then put it there. delete or rename the other one and rename spun2 as bootanimation.zip.

it can be located in either data/local or system/media. the system looks in data/local first and then system/media when it boots up to find the boot animation.

Reaction score
are you trying to copy from pc to your phone? connect with usb, pull down notification bar and select connection for mass storage device.
also make sure usb debugging is on.

then copy and paste from there should work fine.

if yours is in data/local then put it there. delete or rename the other one and rename spun2 as bootanimation.zip.

it can be located in either data/local or system/media. the system looks in data/local first and then system/media when it boots up to find the boot animation.

i thought you had to have it on pc mode to do this?? hmm..

Getsome122

Reaction score
You could download straight to your phone and not worry about hooking up to a computer

Reaction score
i did what you said and it just played a bootanimation thhat just said droid in like gray letters... hmm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
@SMCxShowstoppa

if you have an .mp4 video file that you want for a bootani, send it to me and i can make you a bootanimation.zip of just about whatever you want. Still working on adding sound though. its a pain really

Reaction score
@SMCxShowstoppa

if you have an .mp4 video file that you want for a bootani, send it to me and i can make you a bootanimation.zip of just about whatever you want. Still working on adding sound though. its a pain really
ight ill get to looking hha that would be sweet so hmm mp4 file hmm?? like moving pictures?
dancedroid

Reaction score
Here is a link to my animation I concocted with help from chkm8 and others.

http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?user=midgetgrimm&v=eeGMhNSf7_A&view=videos

Or you can just check out
youtube.com/midgetgrimm
It will be the front vid. I still have one lag spot but overall I am impressed with it. Just wish I could get my song I converted to .ogg to work when booting.

could you make me a bootanimation with my name in it??? Hmm if I got a picture could you make me one that would be so sweet thanks in advance if you can and a logo replacer with name in it?? Thanks if you could.