Bolt or charge?

shizumie

Reaction score
So with the likely delay of the bio again, my wife says she walnt wait anymore. So im down to charge or tbolt. I have a bolt and my battery life is great, so other than battery what do you guys think?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DoctorV

Reaction score
If I had to choose I'd go with the Charge. It's got a really nice screen.

kd.android

Reaction score
I'd go with the T-Bolt mainly due to form factor and outer component quality but also due to developer and vendor support... However, I'd also say that nobody really knows whether we'll be waiting "longer" on the bionic or not... Personally, I'd wait until Thursday/Friday this week to make a final decision.

Oaklands

Reaction score
Waiting is frustrating in our "I want it now society." I gave my wife my update last month and was going to use her's which has now come. Guess I will be waiting a little bit longer. Poor old droid 1 is loaded down like a bear and really sluggish these days. Might have to reload it again and just not put the extra apps on it.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I was not a fan of the Charge when I was playing with phones the other day comparing what's currently out with the Droid3. The Thunderbolt on the other hand felt pretty good.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the Thunderbolt.

MS3G35

Reaction score
The Driod-Life review of the Droid Charge turned me off of it. I haven't used one yet but still not gonna go there. My wife has the T-bolt. The screen is nice, feels nice in hand. But the battery life blows chunks. I can run almost a full day on my Incredible full charge with heavy use and she has to plug in atleast twice a day with the same amount of usage.
I want to go check out a D3 at the store but I also want to see about the Bionic.

mjones73

Reaction score
Battery life is a killer on the Bolt from what I've seen. There are some things you can do to help improve it such as rooting it and removing the bloatware off it, turning off 4G when not needed, etc. An extended battery or easy access to a charger throughout the day would be helpful too.

I'm not opposed to getting one, I'm just waiting for the final piece of the 4G puzzle to come out before I decide.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
If you have to choose between the 2. I will have to pick the Charge!! The Charge has a better screen and Battery Life.

coogi97

Reaction score
I have the tbolt my coworker has the charge. The charge feels like a dummy phone in your hand the screen is better but has a cartoonish look to it

alboboy10

Reaction score
I have the tbolt my coworker has the charge. The charge feels like a dummy phone in your hand the screen is better but has a cartoonish look to it

Lol exactly! Like a sluggish cartoon

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! We went bolt! Mine is rooted and romed and i get a solid days worth on single charge. Samsng dosent have the best track record with updates, n wife went to local vzw played with charge, said it felt to lite, to toyish.

I will probly still get a bio (if, when) it ever comes out but for now we r thunderstruck!

Thanks again!

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! We went bolt! Mine is rooted and romed and i get a solid days worth on single charge. Samsng dosent have the best track record with updates, n wife went to local vzw played with charge, said it felt to lite, to toyish.

I will probly still get a bio (if, when) it ever comes out but for now we r thunderstruck!

Thanks again!

I agree.
It feels pretty cheap when you hold it...
It doesn't feel like your buying a $560 phone.

I prefer Moto and HTC phone designs.