Bluetooth not turning on

swatik

Reaction score
Hi. So i got that issue. Trying to "Turning on" BT. Trying for 10 sec, then it's shutting down.

What i already do:
1) Rebooting device
2) Factory reset and Wipe data
3) Wipe Cache
4) Put the battary out

Still i got the problem. Any helpful tips, please?

P.s. Will SBF fix the problem?

Benton

Reaction score
Not sure from your post where you are in troubleshooting this. A couple of basics:

1. You are paired with this device I assume...?
2. Are you rooted, running other than stock?
3. Are any other BT devices paired with your phone and working?

There could be more questions but I figured I would start with the basics.

OP
S

swatik

Reaction score
1) No It's not paired.
2) Yes. I have the root. But i used BT once or twice and thats all. Do not use any app.
3) No. I can connect via BT because i can't turned BT ON!

Benton

Reaction score
Ok, are you turning BT on via Settings, Wireless & networks then making sure Bluetooth is checked? If so, click on Bluetooth settings (just below where Bluetooth is checked) and make sure Discoverable is checked. Put the BT device in pairing mode per its instructions. On the phone press the Scan for devices located at the bottom of the Bluetooth settings screen. When your BT device appears you may select it to pair and you should be good.

I do apologize if you have done all this but it wasn't clear to me from the original post if you had gone through all these steps.

Benton

Reaction score
OK, it's not on when you tried to press in the box next to Bluetooth? If so, by any chance are you in Airplane mode?

alixjg

Reaction score
i'm also having this issue... but i think it may have to do with the way i installed angel rom.

i also think that some of you are not understanding that bluetooth is no powering on at all

OP
S

swatik

Reaction score
2Benton No, ofcourse not. Making calls, sendin sms, internet. Everything is fine, except the BT didnt power on.

2 alixjg Did you have this problem with the custom ROM? Hou did i solve it?

veetvoojagig

Reaction score
BT issues seem to be pretty common in these phones. Mine will pair, but if I attempt to use hands-free dialing, 2 times out of three, the hands free app hard locks (need to do a battery pull). This happened on my D2, and now on the D2G they sent me to replace it.

OP
S

swatik

Reaction score
Just make hard reset, than intall stock 29. BT working now. THX to all.

Benton

Reaction score
swatik, that is the best news for all and glad to see you could resolve the problem.

On the subject of Bluetooth I find tremendous variability between BT devices in terms of connecting and maintaining connection. Here are the four current BT devices I use almost daily with my comments on their connectivity properties:

1. Jabra BT2050 - it is older but handy in size. The device looses connection once in a while but not during calls and not so frequent to warrant throwing the device out (disconnects maybe once every ten hours of use)

2. Jabra BT3030 - use this for music and it doubles as a hands-free if someone calls and interupts my personal concerts. This device does not fail on connections.

3. MS Sync - it came with the car so no choice. It does connect automatically almost all the time and can be used to stream music, GPS, movie audio and of course phone calls pretty flawlessly. The interaction between the phone and Sync to voice commands is pretty good although not perfect. It does lose connection if I am on a call and a text message comes in, this is not 100% consistent but occurs enough to note.

4. Plantronics Voyager Pro Plus - rock solid connections that have yet to fail me although the size of the device does not make it nearly as handy as #1 for a hands-free BT ear piece.

I have paired BT devices other than the four above but this is the current roster. The point I wanted to make regarding the BT discussion of this thread is that there seems to be tremendous variability between BT devices that can make troubleshooting more than a simple menu of items to check for, at least it has been my experience.